2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Angels Flight (Harry Bosch, #6; Harry Bosch Universe, #7)
This topic is about Angels Flight
Angels Flight > Question E

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
News of Howard Elias' death sets the city on edge. Your thoughts about the situation? Winners/losers here?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Everyone loses - becoming violent is never the solution.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments You're right, Lauren. Howard Elias was obviously serving a good purpose, even if he was guilty of "grandstanding" and rabble rousing.
Law enforcement must be answerable to the public, otherwise we'd live in a police state.

The city loses when they're not told the truth. They also lose when they resort to violence and mayhem. I've never understood the concept of burning down your own neighborhood when history shows it won't be rebuilt. Misdirected anger and frustration, though understood, just doesn't solve anything ever.

I still believe with the right leaders, stuff like this doesn't need to happen.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "I've never understood the concept of burning down your own neighborhood when history shows it won't be rebuilt"

So true!

So often rioters and looters end up destroying their own neighborhoods. Also, by going berserk and attacking innocent people, their cause loses out. No one is going to listen to people who are out of control!

Isn't that the truth.