2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Angels Flight (Harry Bosch, #6; Harry Bosch Universe, #7)
This topic is about Angels Flight
Angels Flight > Question C

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7626 comments Mod
IAD Detective John Chastain is placed on Harry's team. Was this done deliberately by Irving? Were you skeptical of Chastain at this point? Did you believe he really could be trusted?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I lost a lot of respect for Irving in this book.

I never trusted Chastain since he was introduced in previous books. Nothing in this story reversed my decision; in fact, he sank lower than slime in the bottom of the dumpster for me!

So did I, Charlene. Irving showed his manipulating colors in this story. The last straw was protecting the car czar. Ugh. A young girl was molested and murdered by her stepfather and that guy is now a martyr.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I couldn't stand Irving in this book. I hope he's the next cop to take a fall. I think he put Chastain and his IAD division with Harry's team because he wanted to keep them off kilter. He didn't want a real investigation.

I think you're right, Robin. He wanted to control the outcome.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I never trusted Chastain and was always waiting for him to turn on Harry. I never suspected that he killed Elias though.

I had begun to change my mind about Irving but his actions in this book have me back to square one with him. He will do ANYTHING to protect the department even allow an innocent cop to be blamed for murder and allow a pedophile to get away with preying on children.

Yeah, Irving's back on my "list." And it was hard to believe Chastain had changed his stripes.