Fantasy dorks discussion

Reading Challenges and Games > Reading Sprints!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jun 19, 2016 01:01PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Date: June 20th, 2016

Time: 7pm EST

Length: 1 hour

Level of fun: 10/10! :D

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aech ~They try to control you as if they own you~ wrote: "lol I don't think I even have the patience for this..."

You can do it short bursts of a few minutes if you'd like. :)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aech ~They try to control you as if they own you~ wrote: "wait is this today or tom?"

I was thinking it was going to be today but Dominique pointed out that it was father's day so I set it for tomorrow. :)

Stephanie - Books Less Travelled (bookslesstravelled) What is a reading sprint?

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Stephanie wrote: "What is a reading sprint?"

A reading sprint is a set amount of time that two or more people agree to read for. At the end you can choose to tell how many pages you read. What you thought of what you read and so on. :)

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex (alex1320) | 18 comments Sounds like a lot of fun;) but it is 1am in Europe... if I'll be awake I'll try;)
Father's day is not always on 19th. It depends on a country you live... we celebrate always on 23th

message 7: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jun 19, 2016 02:37PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Alex wrote: "Sounds like a lot of fun;) but it is 1am in Europe... if I'll be awake I'll try;)
Father's day is not always on 19th. It depends on a country you live... we celebrate always on 23th"

In Canada and the USA it's the 19th. But I know that mother's day is about 2-3 months earlier in Europe. I didn't know that father's day was different though. ^-^

It's be great if you can join us. If not tomorrow then in the future. :)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Can't wait to do this! :)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Only an hour to go! ^-^

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Only 15 minutes now! I hope someone else joins in or this will be very lonely. :/

message 11: by Alex (new)

Alex (alex1320) | 18 comments I'm here;) not slipping:D

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aech ~They try to control you as if they own you~ wrote: "Actually maybe not, there's a Game Theory stream today"

Anytime during the hour you can join would be great! Even it's only a minute or two. :)

Dramomid ~The Demon of the Dark~ (aka T) does it have to a specific book? cause I'm reading Shada

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) I'm going to be reading Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews . I'm about a 2/3's done and I'm hoping to finish it tonight. :)

message 15: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Alex wrote: "I'm here;) not slipping:D"

YAY! :)

message 16: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Tyler ~Achilles~ //Insanely Mad Batman// wrote: "does it have to a specific book? cause I'm reading Shada"

Nope. Any book is fine. :)

message 17: by Alex (new)

Alex (alex1320) | 18 comments I'm reading Shadows on the Moon

Dramomid ~The Demon of the Dark~ (aka T) Bookbuyer wrote: "Tyler ~Achilles~ //Insanely Mad Batman// wrote: "does it have to a specific book? cause I'm reading Shada"

Nope. Any book is fine. :)"

Sweet I'm about half way done with Shada (Its a Dr. who novel XD) I should finish it tonight or tomorrow

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 628 comments Mod
I'm here. Sorry I fell asleep while reading my English textbook. I have to read the Odyssey and I fell asleep on the first page.

message 20: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Tyler ~Achilles~ //Insanely Mad Batman// wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Tyler ~Achilles~ //Insanely Mad Batman// wrote: "does it have to a specific book? cause I'm reading Shada"

Nope. Any book is fine. :)"
Sweet I'm about half way done with Shada (I..."

I've always been intrigued by Dr. Who but something always throws me off from actually watching the show or reading the books. :/

Dramomid ~The Demon of the Dark~ (aka T) Bookbuyer wrote: "Tyler ~Achilles~ //Insanely Mad Batman// wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Tyler ~Achilles~ //Insanely Mad Batman// wrote: "does it have to a specific book? cause I'm reading Shada"

Nope. Any book is fine..."

Lol it is a bit hard to follow

message 22: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Alex wrote: "I'm reading Shadows on the Moon"

Ooooh. I now want to read that! I'll have to see if I can find a copy somewhere. :)

message 23: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) The Mad Hatter (a.k.a. Dominique, Queen Aelin Shadowsen) wrote: "I'm here. Sorry I fell asleep while reading my English textbook. I have to read the Odyssey and I fell asleep on the first page."

:)

message 24: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Tyler ~Achilles~ //Insanely Mad Batman// wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Tyler ~Achilles~ //Insanely Mad Batman// wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Tyler ~Achilles~ //Insanely Mad Batman// wrote: "does it have to a specific book? cause I'm reading Shada"

Nope..."

I probably wouldn't like it then. I prefer simple, easy to read story lines with a few dramatic twists added in to keep it interesting. :)

message 25: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aech ~They try to control you as if they own you~ wrote: "I'm outside and it's raining so now I have to read my book on my phone... even though I really want to finish my other one..."

That's always disappointing. I hope it lets up soon so you can read your other book! :)

message 26: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) There's a horse in my book called Frau and now I'm love with that name. :)

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 628 comments Mod
Not going to say anything to that...

message 28: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) The Mad Hatter (a.k.a. Dominique, Queen Aelin Shadowsen) wrote: "Not going to say anything to that..."

:P

BaronVonBoom~If you love something: Let it go. If it comes back to you: Its yours. If it doesn't: It never was~BaronVonBoom | 101 comments You said something by saying you weren't going to say something.

*Looks around*

WHAAAAAT?

No I said that I wasn't going to say anything TO that.

BaronVonBoom~If you love something: Let it go. If it comes back to you: Its yours. If it doesn't: It never was~BaronVonBoom | 101 comments Sure whatever. I am all ready to debate about that but rn I'm busy and Lazy. So I'll let it slide.

message 32: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) lol. This made me think of the weather nowadays. :P

"We arrived at Rufus and turned north, heading toward the White Street. It was named for the snowfall of '14, when three inches of fine powder covered the street's ugly asphalt. Three inches of snow was not terribly unusual for Atlanta except that it had come in May and refused to melt in the following months despite the hundred-degree heat. Three and a half years later it finally gave in and thawed during an Indian summer."

message 33: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) We are now midway into the sprint. How is everyone doing? :)

BarrenVonBoom~If you love something: Let it go. If it comes back to you: Its yours. If it doesn't: It never was~BarrenVonBoom wrote: "Sure whatever. I am all ready to debate about that but rn I'm busy and Lazy. So I'll let it slide."

Wuss. :)

Stephanie - Books Less Travelled (bookslesstravelled) Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "What is a reading sprint?"

A reading sprint is a set amount of time that two or more people agree to read for. At the end you can choose to tell how many pages you read. What you..."

Ah, I almost forgot about this! Im almost done with my current book! Resolution Huck Finn's Greatest Adventure by Andrew Joyce

message 36: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Stephanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "What is a reading sprint?"

A reading sprint is a set amount of time that two or more people agree to read for. At the end you can choose to tell how many pages ..."

Welcome! :)

message 37: by Alex (new)

Alex (alex1320) | 18 comments I've read 53 pages so far;)

message 38: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Alex wrote: "I've read 53 pages so far;)"

O.o That's a lot. I've manage about 20?

message 39: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aech ~They try to control you as if they own you~ wrote: "I read 13% of the Screaming Staircase, but I've only read for maybe ten minutes so far. :P"

That's really good! You guys are all killing it! :D

Stephanie - Books Less Travelled (bookslesstravelled) I think I've managed about 15% on mine.

message 41: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) That book I'm reading is not suited to be read while eating. Yuck. :/

message 42: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aech ~They try to control you as if they own you~ wrote: "now do I read or watch matpat rage at vr? hmmmm"

Read! :P lol.

message 43: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Only 3 minutes left! :)

message 44: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) And we're done! It was fantastic sprinting with you all!!

I managed about 40 pages. :)

message 45: by Alex (new)

Alex (alex1320) | 18 comments I'm giving up after 80 pages;( going to sleep. Good night

Stephanie - Books Less Travelled (bookslesstravelled) I got 20% :)

message 47: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aech ~They try to control you as if they own you~ wrote: "aww, I just came to read b/c the stream I was watching started to freak me out"

:(

message 49: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Alex wrote: "I'm giving up after 80 pages;( going to sleep. Good night"

Night! :D

message 50: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jun 20, 2016 05:03PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Stephanie wrote: "I got 20% :)"

GJ! :D

« previous 1