Quilt Study discussion

State Documentation Books

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 9 comments Mod
Have you read any (or all) of the books published since the 1980's as a result of the various state quilt discovery/documentation days? If so, please help me kick off this discussion naming the title of the book you want to talk about, comparing what you've read, telling us what you like most about this particular genre or other comments about the documentation of quilts.

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 2 comments I pulled out my copy of Texas Quilts and reviewed the pages you mentioned.
The red medallion pg 116, might be sideways. Looks like a sailboat surrounded by large clouds.
I do recall seeing the family history quilt. One hundred quilts in a "quilt box" is a big container. A trunk maybe?
I prefer better photos of the quilts and less scenery/staging. 1986, 30 years ago - much more quilt history research available now.

message 3: by Jean (new)

Jean Carlton | 9 comments Mod
Thanks, Dawn. Someone did reply on AQSG list about that ship in the center. Good point about the staging. Sometimes it is of interesting related things but often not.
Also, I often wonder at 'closeups' that are barely any bigger than the full quilt and/or references to a detail and then no closeup.