THE Group for Authors! discussion

Scavenger: A.I. (Sand Divers, #2)
This topic is about Scavenger
General Discussion > Release questions

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Timothy (last edited Jun 18, 2016 01:18PM) (new) - added it

Timothy Ward (timothycward) | 2 comments Hi,

I am planning to release Scavenger: A.I. on June 28, but if the paperback is not ready by then, I'll only release the ebook. I recently listed a giveaway for the paperback version/page and haven't uploaded an ebook version because it isn't published yet.

My question is in regard to if Goodreads still sends out emails of new releases for people that have a book on their to read shelf. Since I'm using the ISBN of the paperback on the book page (and for the giveaway), if an email goes out and only the ebook is available will there be a link to the appropriate store? If people seeing the giveaway add the paperback to their to read shelf, will they get notification on release day even if the paperback hasn't been published? Thanks for any help you can provide.

message 2: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Hi Timothy,

Congratulations on the new book! To clarify, this email doesn't go out upon every book's publication. Instead, we send this for a set amount of books each day, starting with the most shelved book, so it’s possible one won’t go out when your book is released. If it does, the email will go out when the ebook edition of the book is published, if that publication date is reached first. The links included in that email will match the behavior of the buy links on your book page.

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you have any further questions!

message 3: by Timothy (new) - added it

Timothy Ward (timothycward) | 2 comments Thank you, Jaclyn! So as long as I add the new addition of the ebook prior to release those who will get the email will be set with the appropriate links. I have received emails for book releases on books I've shelved as to read, but I didn't know what led to those, so thanks.