Fracktured World discussion

Author/Blogger board > Developmental (Content) Editor

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haley (last edited Jun 20, 2016 09:43AM) (new)

Haley Sulich (haleysulich) | 4 comments I'm currently seeking to help both indie and established authors improve their manuscripts' world building, characterization, descriptions, plot, pacing, structure, and other "big picture" elements. Many people tend to think of grammar when they hear the term "editing," but if your characters aren't memorable or your story's world isn't believable, readers may end up putting your book down regardless of how polished your grammar is. I've helped authors discover their story's full potential, and I would love to help you do so too.

(Side note: I edit fiction of horror, mystery, sci-fi, and fantasy. The pricing for my services is cheaper than many content editors in order to offer affordable editing for authors who have less than $1,500 to spend).

www.writeplanediting.com

-Haley

message 2: by Segilola (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 27 comments free or at cost?

message 3: by Haley (new)

Haley Sulich (haleysulich) | 4 comments Segilola wrote: "free or at cost?"

Cost. I used to offer free services, but I've decided to start a small editing business instead.

message 4: by Segilola (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 27 comments Ok kool . . . checked out your website, might benefit from a little indication of your charges

message 5: by Haley (new)

Haley Sulich (haleysulich) | 4 comments Segilola wrote: "Ok kool . . . checked out your website, might benefit from a little indication of your charges"
It truly depends on the project's length and the quality of the writing. I try to keep the projects around $1,000 because many other developmental editors offer services at a much higher cost (sometimes even reaching to $3,000+).

message 6: by Segilola (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 27 comments OK thanks