2017 Reading Challenge discussion

Where'd You Go, Bernadette
This topic is about Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Antarctica > Where'd You Go Bernadette

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda | 229 comments A cute, fun little read. A little quirky but that's what I loved about it. When Bernadette disappears, her daughter and best friend Bee sets out to find her in Antarctica. I found the relationship between the two absolutely adorable!

QueenAmidala28 Amanda wrote: "A cute, fun little read. A little quirky but that's what I loved about it. When Bernadette disappears, her daughter and best friend Bee sets out to find her in Antarctica. I found the relationship ..."

I completely agree. I was pleasantly surprised how much I loved this book even though there is not a lot of action - more a psychological entry into a world I would never go to :) Yes, the relationship between mother and child was very unusual but adorable at the same time.

Joanna Brauckmann | 11 comments This was the book I chose as well. I enjoyed it! Wacky, quirky, and sad how people grow away from one another over time.

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) This is my choice for this category as well! I'm looking forward to it because I've been hearing lots of good comments about it! It will be my next read.

Sarah I'm going to read this one too, but for a different topic! From what I'm hearing it's a really fun book! I think its next on my list too.

Dana (dkmckelvey) I loved this book! Highly recommend.

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) I just finished this book and I'm kind of undecided about it. I liked it, but it was confusing at times, Bernadette was a super crazed and complicated character to relate or sympathize with and, besides Bee, pretty much every other character on this novel was just detestable. Everything turned out a little silly in the end, but funny too, so I ended up enjoying the reading.

Sarah Natália wrote: "I just finished this book and I'm kind of undecided about it. I liked it, but it was confusing at times, Bernadette was a super crazed and complicated character to relate or sympathize with and, be..."

I know what you mean! I thought it was OK, but I was left feeling like I wasn't sure how I really felt about the book. There were some really funny moments but it definitely fizzled out at the end.

Steph's Romance Book Talk (stephsromancebooktalk) This was a great rec!!! I loved listening to it :-)