First Readers (Beta Readers) discussion

Offers -- Fiction > Seeking reader for 93K

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 10 comments Hi, I'm looking for a non paid reader for my competed work of just under 93K.

I'm not sure how to categorize it. It is a woman's emotional journey with romance, loss, and the struggle to let go of the walls erected for protection. There are sexual scenes (one or two are explicit but not straight up erotica ) there is some strong language.

I'm looking for feedback on the book as a whole but I'm specifically concerned about whether or not the end is just too neat and tidy.

It's written in 1st person and I'm not sure if it should remain that way.

Please feel free to ask questions if you'd like to consider reading. I could send chapter to help you decide. I haven't written a blurb but can if necessary.

Thanks in advance,
Cammie

message 2: by April (new)

April | 5 comments Hi, I'd love to read the book for you and give you feedback!

message 3: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 10 comments Wonderful, April! Will pdf work for you?
What kind of time frame are you thinking?

message 4: by April (new)

April | 5 comments Pdf should work and I can start reading it on Monday. I tend to read pretty fast so i should be able to get back to you no later than Wednesday morning with feedback.

message 5: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 10 comments Perfect. What email address would you like me to send it to?

message 6: by April (new)

April | 5 comments Afreeman3030@gmail.com

message 7: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 10 comments Sent!

message 8: by April (new)

April | 5 comments Great thank you. I'm excited to start reading it!

message 9: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 10 comments Francheska wrote: "Hay Cammie,

I have beata read romance in the past, happy to have a look if you'd like.

Francheska"

Hi Francheska,
I welcome as many beta readers as possible. Just let me know what email address to send it to and if pdf format is acceptable.

message 10: by Cammie (new)

Cammie Adams (cammie_adams) | 10 comments I've written a synopsis if anyone would care to share their thoughts on it.

Wide Awake by Cammie Adams

For Lillian Russell the road to peace, love and happiness is littered with obstacles, complications and hurdles. Life is made of up and downs and during this journey Lil experiences her fair share. After living through a life changing incident she guards her heart well. Maybe too well, because she’s been told more than once that she is living her life in a state of isolation. Throwing caution to the wind, Lil finally lets someone in and as she’s come to expect, things turn sour. Shattered, she’s forced to look in the mirror.

After a mental hiatus, Lil returns to her life stable and with a new perspective. She’s no longer sleepwalking through life and she’s determined to develop new relationships and expand her small world. Can a sexy vacation fling be what Lil needs to clear the wreckage of the past and break free of the old emotions that hold her back?

Follow Lil through the grittiest years of her life, as she navigates family, friends, dead end jobs and life’s highs and lows. All the while karma is leveling the playing field at every curve in the road.

(Warning: Contains sexual scenes and adult language.)

message 11: by Kim (new)

Kim | 2 comments hi Cammie, would you consider a beta swap? i have a completed novel that is similar to yours in length and storyline: young woman who has given up on love because of emotional trauma from her past until 'he' shows up and shatters all the walls she had erected.

let me know ;)