Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > End of Watch

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marti (last edited Jun 17, 2016 03:49PM) (new)

Marti (coloreader) | 84 comments End of Watch (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #3)
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)

Four stars****

I'm not sure how much I can review without spoilers! End of Watch is the third in the Bill Hodges trilogy, and by definition there should be a conclusion to the story. With Stephen King, you can't be sure of that! Bill Hodges is a detective, now retired, who has been following the case of a very mentally disturbed young man. In the first book, Mr. Mercedes, Brady Hartsfield steals a car and plows through a mob of unemployed people gathered at an employment fair. The case haunts Bill and he knows that Brady will attempt something more horrendous. And here is where any more will contain spoilers. End of Watch is the summation of Brady and Bill's "relationship", mixed, of course, with King's stylish and off-beat addition of suspense, impossibilities, and physic bending plot. Worth the read, but you do need to read them in order for the full character development and background. Great story!

message 2: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1442 comments Glad you enjoyed it too. Definitely a great read. I really liked this whole series.

message 3: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Just started it. Hooked already.

message 4: by Marti (new)

Marti (coloreader) | 84 comments Now that I've read all three, I'm not sure that #2 belongs in the trilogy. Same characters, but not the same crimes. I'm I off base on this?

message 5: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Marti wrote: "Now that I've read all three, I'm not sure that #2 belongs in the trilogy. Same characters, but not the same crimes. I'm I off base on this?"

Well since it focuses on the same core group of characters I think it belongs to the trilogy.