Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Washington Irving's Sketch Book
This topic is about Washington Irving's Sketch Book
Adding New Books > Book I added doesn't show up

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by blake (new)

blake | 3 comments OK, so, yeah, Washington Irving's Sketch Book is the book I'm talking about but not the above edition. The edition I'm talking about is, I believe: B00JFC6CQU

At Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Sketch-Book-Wa...

It's a 1928 "pocket edition". I put in some details and a description and it never showed up anywhere. I received no notifications of any sort.

Perhaps relevantly, at the same time I did that, I removed an different edition of the Sketch Book from my "read" shelf, and today when I looked, it was still there. (I can't really fathom, given the discrete transactional nature of the web, how one would be related to the other, and neither would produce error messages, but for the sake of full disclosure of my potential incompetence, I include said detail.)

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Jun 17, 2016 03:16PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Looks like the one on your read shelf is the one you added--? https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... I added the cover from Amazon.

message 3: by blake (new)

blake | 3 comments Thanks, Abcdarian! I thought I had put it in my "currently reading" list and it didn't show up on a search. I guess I don't have it correctly linked with the other editions.

message 4: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments The other editions are kind of a mess; apparently there are different versions of the sketch book with different number of included stories etc.

message 5: by blake (new)

blake | 3 comments Abcdarian wrote: "The other editions are kind of a mess; apparently there are different versions of the sketch book with different number of included stories etc."

Yup. That's precisely why I put this one in. It seems to be the full original collection.