Space Opera Fans discussion

R2R Read-to-Review Program > R2R: PETRA (Space Opera-Action Adventure)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (last edited Jul 05, 2016 05:30PM) (new)

Matthew Rotundo | 42 comments

Greetings, all!

I humbly proffer my novel Petra for review. Think of it as Escape from New York on a planetary scale.

About the Book

Welcome to Petra.

It is the ultimate prison. Inmates from all of Ported Space are dumped there, forgotten, and left to survive however they can. Hope dies. Escape is impossible.

Disillusioned war hero Kane Pythen comes to Petra on a fact-finding mission, but gets caught in an uprising that threatens to expose a shattering secret. And Rolf Ankledge, Petra’s ruthless warden, will stop at nothing to keep it from reaching Ported Space. If Kane involves himself, he risks losing everything he has. If he does nothing, he betrays the last shreds of his ideals.

The prison break of the millennium is on. Now Kane must race against time and vicious forces from all over Petra if he ever wants to see his wife and daughter again.

Petra is the first book in The Prison World Revolt series.

Review Offer

I have 10 copies of Petra available, in either mobi or epub format. I'd love to have the reviews by July 1st. If interested, please reply here or send me a private message with your contact information and preferred format.

Thanks for your consideration, and enjoy!

Best,

Matt

Review copies:
1. Ivy
2. M
3. Hailee
4. Jon
5. Dave
6. Tom

message 2: by Ivy (new)

Ivy | 1 comments Hi!

My name is Ivy and I would be happy to read and review your book :)

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Rotundo | 42 comments Ivy wrote: "Hi!

My name is Ivy and I would be happy to read and review your book :)"

Hi, Ivy! You got it!

What format do you prefer? Epub or mobi? Feel free to PM me with your email address.

Thanks!

Matt

message 4: by M (new)

M Beal | 1 comments Hello Matt, I would love to read and review your book.

message 5: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 10 comments Hi, I'm interested in reading and reviewing your book. However due to other reading commitments I couldn't guarantee having a review up before the end of July. If this is too late that's OK I just thought I would offer.

message 6: by Jon (new)

Jon Abbott | 48 comments Matt, it is now very close to July 1st and I'm with Hailee. I'd like to review it, I certainly do write reviews, but there is no guarantee by the 1st.

Anything 3 and below I discuss with the author, except if I can't think of anything good to say, I just don't - can't bring myself to - review.

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Rotundo | 42 comments Jon wrote: "Matt, it is now very close to July 1st and I'm with Hailee. I'd like to review it, I certainly do write reviews, but there is no guarantee by the 1st. "

Hi, Jon! I'm not militant about the date. I'd be happy to send you a copy. PM me with your contact information and your preferred format.

Thanks!

Matt

message 8: by Dave (new)

Dave Wallace | 12 comments Just saw this today, so I am probably too late.

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Rotundo | 42 comments Dave wrote: "Just saw this today, so I am probably too late."

Dave, if you're still interested, I'd be happy to have you participate. Like I told Jon, I'm not militant about the date. Just PM me with your contact information and your preferred format, and I'll send it along.

Thanks!

Matt

message 10: by Hailee (new)

Hailee | 10 comments Hi just thought I would post a link for my review here in case anyone is interested in this book. I can definitely recommend it.

www.goodreads.com/review/show/1679286470

message 11: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Rotundo | 42 comments Hailee wrote: "Hi just thought I would post a link for my review here in case anyone is interested in this book. I can definitely recommend it.

www.goodreads.com/review/show/1679286470"

Thanks, Hailee! Glad you enjoyed it.

Matt

message 12: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Rotundo | 42 comments Hey, if anyone else want to get in on the R2R action, I still have copies available.

Thanks, all!

Matt

message 13: by Tom (new)

Tom Krug (thomas_krug) | 24 comments Hey Matt, that's an intriguing blurb. I'd like to give this a shot!

message 14: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie | 297 comments I recommend it.

When is the 2nd one set to be published?

message 15: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Rotundo | 42 comments Lizzie wrote: "I recommend it.

When is the 2nd one set to be published?"

Thanks, Lizzie!

Book 2 will be out soon. I don't have an exact release date yet, as I'm still ironing out some details. Once I know the date, I'll announce it first on my newsletter (subscribe here if you're interested), with a public notice to follow.

Best,

Matt

message 16: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Rotundo | 42 comments Hey, all--in case you missed the announcement, the second book in the series, Petra Released, comes out tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it.

Best,

Matt

message 17: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie | 297 comments Matthew wrote: "Hey, all--in case you missed the announcement, the second book in the series, Petra Released, comes out tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it.

Best,

Matt"

There are no reviews on Amazon for book 2 yet. I have it on my wishlist, but car registration and insurance took priority over books in my budget. I hope to get it soon. I really enjoyed book 1. Good luck, Matt!

message 18: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Rotundo | 42 comments Thanks, Lizzie! Hope you enjoy it.

Best,

Matt