NetGalley Addicts Support Group discussion

Need Help? [Ask the Group] > Harlequin Imprints Requests

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura.125Pages (new)

Laura.125Pages (125pages) | 2 comments Hey all. So I cannot seem to get approved for Harlequin on Netgalley at all. I think I have everything they want in my profile, but just can't seem to get a yes ever. My Feedback ratio is 75%. Any advice would be great.
Thanks,
Laura

Here is my latest denial email from them -
Hello,
Thank you for requesting one of our titles. Unfortunately you do not meet our publisher approval preferences outlined below:
For all Harlequin imprints including MIRA, HQN, and all Harlequin series imprints, please provide the following information in your PROFILE:
Reviewers
Please include a direct link to your review site and/or direct links to your reviews.
In order to be approved, your review space must follow this criteria:
- Your book blog has been established and active for 3 months+.
- You regularly update your book blog with book reviews, author interviews, or book discussion threads.
- Your blog displays reader interaction (i.e. comments, giveaway entries, good social media following).
- Please provide information on the number of unique visitors you receive in a given month (500+ are preferred).

Here is my profile -
Site Stats
- May 2016 -
Pageloads - 3,351
Unique Visits – 2,048
First time Visits – 1,027
Returning Visits - 1,021
- Subscribers -
Site - 1,758
Twitter - 1,102 - Tweets earned 64.2K impressions over this 31 day period
Facebook - 335
LinkedIn - 320
- Posts -
52 total (all book related)
30 books reviewed
2 author interviews and 1 author guest post
179 comments
8 giveaways held with 1,503 entries combined

125Pages.com opened in April of 2015.. Top 1% reviewer on Goodreads.

CFO at local non-profit. Avid reader of all types. Read approximately 5-7 books a week.

Will post reviews to my website 125pages.com, I will cross post on the following book review sites and social media – Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble, Bloglovin’, BookBlogging net, The Novels Network, BookLikes com, Networked Blogs, Triberr, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn. If requested I will post on Amazon UK.

Host of Author Tuesdays, an interview/giveaway for books I have given 4 stars or higher to. Current authors participating - Kenneth Logan, Emily Albright, Suzanne Redfearn and Jeff Zentner. Author Tuesday is booked at least 4 months out. (Currently booked until October 2016.)

Favorite authors include - Rachel Vincent, J.R. Ward, Kresley Cole, Gena Showalter, Richelle Mead, Julie Garwood, Kelley Armstrong, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Rachel Caine, Jennifer Weiner, Emily Giffin, Marian Keyes, Jane Green and Sophie Kinsella.

Preferred categories are Contemporary, New Adult, Psychological Thrillers, Young Adult, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, Romance, Memoirs and Women's Fiction.

Reader of Books (riathewannabelibrarian) | 5 comments Impressive on that profile! Also checking out your blog too, as a side note.

I haven't been approved for Harlequin either, tho tbh I rarely request romance these days. (I lean more towards fantasy/sci-fi myself.)

Have you tried sending all that straight to the publishers website? Maybe a specific person might sit up and take notice? Or maybe you could email their publicist. I chat with one from Tor and they're always eager to provide assistance with issues or arcs. I hope that helps and doesn't sound stupid. :/ :)

Good luck!

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 150 comments Maybe it's because you haven't blogged in almost a year.....I can't see anything else from the info you provided.....good luck.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 93 comments I haven’t looked at your site but your stats (while impressive) are 4 years out of date. I think they are looking for info from 2020 not 2016.

If the commenter above me is correct and you haven’t posted anything in a year, that’s definitely part of it.

message 5: by MissBecka (new)

MissBecka Gee (missbeckagee) | 43 comments Yeah, I'm guessing it's a lack of activity coupled with your feedback ratio.
It's been almost a year since you posted on your blog and it's been several years since you posted a review on GR.
This with a feedback ratio under 80% is probably why.
I don't have a blog and have been approved by them.
My feedback ratio is always above 80% on NG and I post several reviews a month on GR.
Might be the perfect time post some reviews on your blog while getting caught up on your backlog on NG books to get your ratio up. :)
Hope that helps :)

message 6: by Infinity's (new)

Infinity's  Bookshelf (infinitysbookshelf) | 2 comments The original post is from 2016, before she stopped blogging. That is probably not the reason they were not accepting her in 2016.
Also to add, I have an abysmal feedback ratio and still get accepted, so I'm not sure that the whole 80% ratio is even looked at.
P.S. my ratio is because I went into a reading slump, but continued to request interesting books, now I'm in the hole by a lot, but I hope to dig myself up to an acceptable level by January. I honestly don't know why I keep getting accepted though!

message 7: by MissBecka (new)

MissBecka Gee (missbeckagee) | 43 comments Hahahaha I did not even notice that. I got "new" comment notices and didn't even look at the original date. Wow.