Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Wyrd Sisters (Discworld, #6; Witches #2)
This topic is about Wyrd Sisters
Previous BRs - Authors; M - P > Pratchett, Terry - Wyrd Sisters (Discworld #6) - Informal Buddy Read, Start Date Jun 22, 2016

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31132 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion about Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett

Book synopsis
Kingdoms wobble, crowns topple and knives flash on the magical Discworld as the statutory three witches meddle in royal politics. The wyrd sisters battle against frightful odds to put the rightful king on the throne. At least, that's what they think...

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 5: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Thank you!

I might start this today. Or maybe next Wednesday. I'll have to remind myself what all my "book obligations" are! But I'm excited to read this! :-)

message 6: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments ⁀☆‿Ang ‿☆⁀Team Tapir wrote: "Lol! I know. I have a lot, too. It makes it fun, though!"

"Fun" is one word for it. lol ;-)

I'm actually now planning to start Wyrd Sisters tomorrow, as it will work for one of my team's W.O.B.B.L.E. tasks. ;-)

message 7: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments ⁀☆‿Ang ‿☆⁀Team Tapir wrote: "I'm playing WOBBLE, too! We have been late to start, though. Something about the spreadsheet so we haven't got tasks yet. Bummer!"

Well, hopefully you'll find out your tasks soon so you can figure out what to start the SECOND the W.O.B.B.L.E. event gets going. ;-) (I'll cross my fingers for you.) :-)

message 8: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Where are you? I'm on page 201 (55%) and I've laughed out loud at least three times so far. And maybe more (I have the pages in my notes, lol). :-)

I'm really enjoying the witches, too. That Nanny Ogg is so much fun!!! :-)

message 9: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments I still have about 80 pages to go, I think. (Death hasn't yet been on stage, but that sounds like it will be super fun!)

I think the Fool is MUCH smarter than his Fool personality allows for. And yes, that was the Librarian in the first bar. ;-)

message 10: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments I finished Wyrd Sisters last night. I thought it was a really great story. I haven't yet written my review, but I think I'll end up giving it 4.5 stars. :-)

I really loved the humor in this one. I laughed out loud I-don't-know-how-many times. (But I did take notes, so I'll be able to share some of the lines when I write my review.)

Nanny Ogg was my favorite character (tied with Death, but he wasn't in this one enough). All of the witches were pretty fun, though. :-)

Ang, do you want to continue on to book #7? (If yes, when?)

:-)

message 11: by Jen (last edited Jul 12, 2016 04:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Hi Ang! I am so, sooo, sorry! I didn't get a notification from this thread (*argh!!!*) and so forgot to check back to see if you replied to my question about continuing. :-(

Do you still want to read book #7 together? Were you able to get your problems with the library resolved? That sounds pretty awful, to have access removed. :-(

Let me know if you were able to find book #7! I would love to read it with you. :-)

message 12: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments That's great that you have book #7. I do, too. :-)

Yes, I'm doing W.O.B.B.L.E., too. I'm finished with my commitments for Olympics and am reading Outlander (850 pages) so I should hopefully be ready to start whenever you want.

So long as "you want" in about a week. ;-)

Do you want to request a thread for us? You can then request whichever start date works for you. :-)

message 13: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Hi Ang! Thanks for requesting our thread for #7. July 18 should hopefully work well for me. :-)

And when I said I was done with Olympics, I literally meant just me. I read six - Six? I think it was six - books for our various events and that was all our Captain had me signed up to read, so I'm now free to read whatever while the rest of my team finishes their books. :-)

message 14: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 2930 comments Oh! And I'm on Team Burning Firebirds. :-)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wyrd Sisters (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Terry Pratchett (other topics)