Support for Indie Authors discussion

Fun > To Write Or To Shower? That is the Question...

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 606 comments It is probably not okay how often this scenario presents itself in my life...

message 2: by Martin (new)

Martin Wilsey | 447 comments Writing should be just like taking a shower. It is something that just happens every day. Like putting on seat belts or brushing your teeth. It's not optional. Just do it. Every. Day.

message 3: by India (new)

India Adams (indiaradams) | 66 comments I actually get some of my best ideas in the shower. Then I curse cause my laptop is too far away!
Here's how we can help you decide, do you live with other people who may offended by your growing body odor? lol. Just kidding.

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago | 888 comments All I can say is that attempts to write in the shower have been unsuccessful. Thus far....

message 5: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 727 comments Haha, what India said!! :O

Hmmm...write and get some creative juices flowing.
Then (if it's before lunchtime) a quick shower, and you can let your mind still think about your writing), eat, then back to scribblings.
At least, that's my preferred setup.
If I don't take that break I forget to eat. Honestly. I have done this several times. Luckily my husband comes home and feeds me at some point though. :-)

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Lightfoot (goodreadscomandrea17) | 67 comments What a pity you can't write while you're in the shower

message 7: by Marie Silk (last edited Jun 16, 2016 05:42AM) (new)

Marie Silk | 606 comments Update: I took a shower. My family did not need to stage an intervention :).

Side note: I just read the instructions on the "Johnson and Johnson Baby Wash" which included directions to "snuggle" your baby after you wash him. Haha. Cute.

I have tried taking the laptop into the bathtub before but find myself trying so hard to keep it dry that I didn't get anything done.

When I am at a good point in my book and feel the momentum going...showering, eating, and other basic requirements of being human suddenly seem overrated.

message 8: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Andrea wrote: "What a pity you can't write while you're in the shower"

AquaNotes!!!
http://www.myaquanotes.com

No idea how well it works. ;P

message 9: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4310 comments Mod
Andrea wrote: "What a pity you can't write while you're in the shower"

I do. At least I mentally run over ideas and pick the ones I like best while showering, cooking, mowing the lawn, driving...

message 10: by F.A.R. (last edited Jun 16, 2016 08:36AM) (new)

F.A.R. | 24 comments Been there. Skipped the shower that day. Looked really slovenly.

Worth it.

message 11: by India (new)

India Adams (indiaradams) | 66 comments Christina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "What a pity you can't write while you're in the shower"

AquaNotes!!!

No idea how well it works. ;P"

bahahaha...

message 12: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 606 comments Christina wrote: "Andrea wrote: "What a pity you can't write while you're in the shower"

AquaNotes!!!

No idea how well it works. ;P"

Eek! It's brilliant! I wonder if it does work? :)

message 13: by C.B., Beach Body Moderator (new)

C.B. Archer | 1090 comments Mod
You know you can take a bath instead right? Writing is easy in the bath.

message 14: by Zoltán (new)

Zoltán (witchhunter) | 267 comments There are waterproof keyboards. Even waterproof laptops.

Nothing stops you from scribbling in the rain :)

message 15: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago | 888 comments Zoltán wrote: "There are waterproof keyboards. Even waterproof laptops.

Nothing stops you from scribbling in the rain :)"

Waterproof maybe, but I ain't found anything yet that will withstand the temperature of my shower.

I likes it HOT

message 16: by Nancy (last edited Jun 16, 2016 09:56AM) (new)

Nancy Glynn (nancyglynn) | 40 comments Jane wrote: I likes it HOT

*Raises hand* Me too, me too!

message 17: by Zoltán (new)

Zoltán (witchhunter) | 267 comments @Jane: Well... everyone likes it HOT ;)

There are even military grade laptops. WARNING: Do not try to test its specs at home in a shower! The manufacturers assume no responsibility for under-cooked authors...

message 18: by Erica (new)

Erica Stinson (goodreadscomerica_r_stinson) | 139 comments I just use Siri and have her take dictation lol

message 19: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 779 comments Sometimes I get great idea's while in the shower so...I'd say shower first, write after lol.

message 20: by April (new)

April Wilson (aprilwilson) Marie wrote: "It is probably not okay how often this scenario presents itself in my life..."

Write.

message 21: by Nat (new)

Nat Kennedy | 317 comments My day job would kick me to the curb if I didn't shower, so... shower is high on the list. Dishes though...