ThatOneReader's Book Club discussion

14 views
June Book Club 2016 > Week Two

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary ♥ (new)

Mary ♥ (sortofafairytale) | 593 comments Mod
Helloooo dearies xD
Good news :D
My exams ended, which is amazing.
How's everyone?
I'm personally very happy
I finished Wink, Poppy Midnight and really loved it. In case you didn't though, how are you enjoying it?
Any ideas about who might be the villain, the hero and the liar?


message 2: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments Hi! I hope everyone is enjoying the book and I just wanted to ask if we can do a book club read a thon. I invented middle grade marathon, a week in July where we have to read as many middle grade books as possible and share them in the book club. Just a idea :p


message 3: by Mary ♥ (new)

Mary ♥ (sortofafairytale) | 593 comments Mod
Lin wrote: "Hi! I hope everyone is enjoying the book and I just wanted to ask if we can do a book club read a thon. I invented middle grade marathon, a week in July where we have to read as many middle grade b..."

This is actually a VERY good idea xD
I can participate and I really want to tbh xD
We'll see what Kami says since she's the other moderator


message 4: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments Maybe next week we can do it?


message 5: by Kami (new)

Kami (kalicu) | 187 comments Mod
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been to active. That would be fun! I don't have that many middle grade books though.


message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (lanakilah) Not to be rude but I am far from middle grade... I'm 21. Sure I do read YA but I sincerely doubt I would enjoy many middle grade books. I'm just over that phase of my life.


message 7: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments Oh ok, not everyone has to participate :). And u could re read some old childhood favourites or something thing if u want options. Browse some libraries maybe? :p


message 8: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments Goodreads has middle grade shelves, maybe that could help?


message 9: by Kami (new)

Kami (kalicu) | 187 comments Mod
I'm kind of with Laura. I'd rather marathon read YA books instead of MG. :-)


message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (lanakilah) Lin wrote: "Oh ok, not everyone has to participate :). And u could re read some old childhood favourites or something thing if u want options. Browse some libraries maybe? :p"

Well I never get tired of reading HP and Matilda xD if anyone wants to do a HP re-read marathon... :)


message 11: by Mary ♥ (new)

Mary ♥ (sortofafairytale) | 593 comments Mod
Laura wrote: "Lin wrote: "Oh ok, not everyone has to participate :). And u could re read some old childhood favourites or something thing if u want options. Browse some libraries maybe? :p"

Well I never get tir..."


I have a far better idea though!! Each one of us can choose a category (from Middle Grade or YA and read as many books as they can!! :D
For example, I can participate in both, I prefer reading YA more but middle grade makes me so happy for some reason so I can read it as well!! :)
Some can only read YA. We should name it 'TBR reducer' or something!!! :D


message 12: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments I agree! When should we do this reads a thon?


message 13: by Lin (new)

Lin Let | 142 comments Also I don't mind participating in both YA and MG read a thons at the same time :)


message 14: by Mary ♥ (new)

Mary ♥ (sortofafairytale) | 593 comments Mod
I am reading one YA (Cress) and one MG (Inkheart) book these days so I am okay with that. If you guys want, you can just participate in the YA marathon ❤
I am going to make a special post for that right now


back to top