Editors and Writers discussion

Looking for an affordable Copy Editor

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Nemchick | 35 comments Hi Sarah,

I'd love to work with you. Take a look at my website and see if my rates fall into your budget. If so, you can contact me via the form on my website and I'd be happy to provide you with a sample edit. I am comfortable with some violence and swearing and have worked in almost every genre under the sun. I hope to hear from you!

http://www.emilynemchickediting.com/

Emily

message 2: by A.J. (new)

A.J. (ajcollins) | 9 comments Hi Sarah

I would love to work with you on your manuscript. I totally understand what you mean about the dialogue and also how important it is not to interfere with an author's voice.

Graphic content or violence is not an issue for me.

Having a good chat with you (perhaps via Skype) might be a great start to seeing if we're good fit.

I'm tied up with another client until mid to late July but that sounds like good timing for you.

You can check out my credentials and rates on my website: http://www.ajcollins.com.au

Would love to chat with you.

message 3: by Carol (last edited Jun 16, 2016 06:22AM) (new)

Carol Tietsworth | 194 comments Hi Sarah:
I am a professionally trained proofreader and an experienced copy-editor. I read 20 books a week for me, read and review an average of one book a week, and even copy-edit for two publishing houses. I keep my rates low in order to help as many people as possible. I normally read the first 500 words for free, then I charge .004/word, or $40.00/10,000 words.
I'd be happy to work with you. Check out my pages at writerreadr.wordpress.com or give me a word count at legal2b@yahoo.com

message 4: by Teresa (last edited Jun 16, 2016 07:05AM) (new)

Teresa Kennedy | 61 comments Hi Sarah, If you haven't found anyone as yet, I'd like to offer my services. I am a publishing veteran and the author of more than 30 published books under my own and various pseudonyms. My novels have been translated into 19 different languages. I have served as an editor for major publishing houses at the Senior and Acquisitions level and have worked with literally hundreds of independent authors in readying their books for market. Currently, 7 of my clients are selling at the top of their category on amazon.
I invite you to check out my website at
http://booksneditsVGP.com

message 5: by Clare (new)

Clare | 10 comments Hi Sarah,

I am very interested in offering my services to you. I have been editing for 5 years now, as well as running my own tutoring business where I help predominantly high school students hone their skills in writing craft.

I have edited everything from financial documents, to fan fiction, to erotica. I am always excited when a fresh manuscript crosses my desk. No genre is turned away.

I completely understand the need to keep dialect and the tempo of speech intact, as it will almost become a character unto itself.

I find that a lot of my clients are interested in a flat rate for my services. It sounds like you really are ready for the line edit stage, which I excel at, due to my exceptional grasp of grammar and syntax.

Please email me at clareflockton@me.com with an estimated word count of your novel and I will be able to set you an extremely fair price.

I look forward to working with you,
Clare Flockton
clareflockton@me.com

message 6: by J. Denise (last edited Jun 16, 2016 07:54PM) (new)

J. Denise Solomon | 1 comments My rates are currently $25.00 per 25,000 words for copy editing. If you are still looking please e-mail me @ jdindieediting@gmail.com

message 7: by A.J. (new)

A.J. (ajcollins) | 9 comments Thanks, Sarah

Best of luck with your novel