Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

Cold Fire by Dean Koontz > 9. Holly decides to follow this humble yet elusive Savior on his Next Mission.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (last edited Jun 16, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
Holly decides to follow this humble yet elusive savior on his next “mission.” Unbeknownst to Jim, she rapidly follows him to the airport and boards a United Airlines DC-10 plane bound for Chicago. She decides to confront him and learns about Jim’s strange but extraordinary powers. Jim tells her that he has been sent by God to save a mother and a child on the plane – he does not know why God has chosen these two in particular, but he does know that they must change seats or they will die in the horrific plane crash about which he has been sent a vision. Holly is struck by Jim’s belief that he has some magical power, sent by God no less. Do you believe this is possible?

Modified question - sorry

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments Hmmm - I don't know. I believe God can perform miracles, and that He often uses other people to make them happen, but this method seems so iffy and convoluted!

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments I'm not sure if I believe there are true psychics out there, though I can't explain how they know what they do. I believe God works through people at times, but not in the way Jim does on these missions around the country.

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam | 218 comments God definitely uses others to bless the lives of his children. My experience is that God more often inspires the individual to alter their path for their own protection and safety.

message 5: by Carol (last edited Jun 17, 2016 11:09AM) (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
So if Jim is a Spiritual Savior, when Holly confronts him on his next "Mission," Jim tells her that he as been sent by God. I guess I'm a believer, and have had that strength and that has been part of my personal testimony all my life. I'm firmly planted with spiritual gifts as in D&C 46. I feel that my personal testimony is part of that. Pam, we are given these gifts for different reasons. I'm not using the word psychic, but gift is one I can buy!