Hooray for Books and Reading discussion

Cold Fire by Dean Koontz > 7. Favorite questions - How many stars would you give this book?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 690 comments Mod
7. This is one of our favorite questions. How many stars would you give COLD FIRE, and why.

message 2: by Carol (new)

When I read this book the first time, I gave it a healthy and hearty 5 stars, When I read it a second time, I found it a lot different in my reading, but I still give it a healthy 5 stars.

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments 3 stars because there were some parts that I didn't enjoy reading and some parts that I couldn't see how anyone would know unless it was the author ...like How Holly figured out the dual personality thing. I wouldn't have been able to put that together. But it was a better answer than aliens!

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 522 comments I gave it 3 stars too. I liked it, but I thought a lot of things came out of left field. Has anyone read the "Odd Thomas" books by Koontz? They are similar - ie, a guy with psychic ability tries to help people - but they are lighter.

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments Cindy, good to know with Odd Thomas! I agree about stuff coming out of no where. I think that's why it's hard to answer questions from the beginning because it doesn't quite fit perfectly.

message 6: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 562 comments Carol why 5 stars? What made you love the book?

message 7: by Carol (new)

When I was looking for a book to choose, I went back about 5 years and read all my reviews from then till current. I also wanted to pick something that was a little different or not traditional and had CLEAN language. This book seemed to meet all the criteria of the time. When I read it a second time, it was a little different than I remembered it, but I still like/liked it. And Cindy, the Odd Thomas books are entertaining too. I already have my next book picked----Darlene, as you can see, we all don't hit home runs the first time. Looking forward to having all of you back in the fold.

message 8: by Pam (new)

Pam | 218 comments 4 stars - 5 star first half...3 star last half.