2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Exposed (Maggie O'Dell, #6)
This topic is about Exposed
Exposed > Question L

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Maggie experiences psychological issues during her confinement in the slammer. Do you believe that was unique to her or probably how most people would react?

message 2: by Charlene (last edited Jun 16, 2016 12:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments We would each react to such confinement in different ways; I cannot imagine that a sentient being could ignore it or be unaffected by it. Even knowing the reasons for the precautions, I'd want to be out there trying to help --and knowing what was going on with Cunningham, in particular. I would not be wise or make good choices, would I?

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I don't think she is unique. Most people would have problems being locked up, even though you know it is for your own good and the good of the public. Not being able to help with the investigation would also be very hard. It would be almost like you are locked up thinking that this could be the (painful) end to your life.

I understood the need to isolate them physically but couldn't figure out why they couldn't even be in contact by phone or Skype. Maggie's situation was unique in that she had so few relationships, she had no one to call. Left alone with her own solitary thinking, she was going batty. Plus, she had the added phobia from her prior experiences.

Give me my eBooks, iPad and wifi and I think I'd do okay:)

Phrynne | 601 comments I felt sure that in real life they would give you at least books and magazines. And they would tell you more of what was going on.

I thought the same thing, too, Phrynne. It made no sense to have this level of isolation.