2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Exposed (Maggie O'Dell, #6)
This topic is about Exposed
Exposed > Question G

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
Is this the last we'll see of Nick? (I know I've asked this before:)) Why or why not? Is Adam also history?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I wouldn't bet either way. I think Nick was pushing the envelope pretty hard, but Adam was not instituting any contact of a personal nature.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments What was the point of putting Nick in this book? Was it just for us to see that Maggie doesn't care for him any more than any other guy? Was it to end their relationship? I still think he'll be back in this series.

Not sure about Adam either. I feel like the author is going to keep throwing different men in Maggie's direction until one sticks. Maybe Platt will be around for a little while.

I asked myself the same thing, Robin. Either put the woman in a relationship or stop this nonsense. Let's face it, she was able to develop one with Greg and got married. She's not this cold, unfeeling person so let her connect to someone emotionally and let it be. It's obvious Kava hasn't a clue how to do this as she's bungling the one between Gwen and Tully.

She has who knows what kind of relationship with Adam and both seem to view it as casual, even though Maggie seemed to be excited to be going to visit him. But her thoughts about him in the slammer seemed to belie otherwise.

To answer the question, I think we've seen the last of Adam but the author seems to be hell bent on keeping Nick alive, four years later with no real interaction. This is just nuts.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments Don't get me started on Gwen and Tully. They have so much potential as a couple, but the author is dragging her feet. First Tully is "on vacation" in the last book when Gwen needs him, but she doesn't bother contacting him. In this book it is months later and they are "taking it slow". At least she has met his daughter.

I'm glad I'm not alone in my frustration in how she's handling this couple. It's unrealistic.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I agree with you both. Let's have some compatible characters who expand our list of relationships that continue in this series.

{I add this frustration to mine with Harry Bosch and women}

Phrynne | 602 comments I couldn't understand why Nick was there unless she is just saving him up for the next book. I hope not.

I hope not, too, but we should be so lucky.