Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Shadoworld (Colorworld, #4)
This topic is about Shadoworld
Adding New Books > Need ISBN Added

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Kelly | 3 comments There are 2 Editions of Shadoworld floating around if you search by title, and a 3rd if you search for the ISBN: 1517271665. Is there a way to combine all these into 1 listing so that all the books from the Series can be seen together as books written by me?

Right now, if you go to the one I linked, you can see the rest of my books. But, if you use the ISBN number, only Lumaworld is showing as a book also written by me.

A lot of the issue is coming form others adding my books that aren't me. Thanks for your help!

message 2: by Dobby (last edited Jun 15, 2016 03:52PM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4014 comments Part of the problem is that some of your books are being imported without the period after your middle initial; that's why they weren't showing on your author page. I've moved those. Here is your booklist for Shadoworld. It's showing 1 Kindle and 3 paperback editions. How many paperback editions were released for this title?

While I'm waiting for your response to this question, I'll work on the other titles, as well as updating the series.

ETA Moved Kindle edition of Lumaworld to your profile, combined with paperback. Also added Shadoworld to the Colorworld series as #4.

Note that authors cannot edit series information, so when you are ready to add a book to a series, please post a request in the Serieses! folder, and a librarian will assist you.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Kelly | 3 comments Only 1 paperback edition was released for Shadoworld.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Kelly | 3 comments And THANK YOU for your help Dobby0390!

message 5: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4014 comments You're welcome, Rachel. :-)

I've requested that the listings for the 3 paperbacks be combined into one (the edition with the ISBN numbers).

message 6: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4014 comments Rachel, the paperback edition without the ISBN cannot be merged with the correct edition because the cover images are different.

These are the two paperback editions:
» ISBN 9781517271664, 508 pages, published Sept 18 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform: Shadoworld

» No ISBN, 495 pages, published Sept 30 2015 by Colorworld Books: Shadoworld

Goodreads policy is to keep all published covers on the site, as users want to shelve the cover of the copy they have. Instead, we add an alternate-cover edition. See Author FAQ and Adding an alternate-cover edition.

Since the edition with the ISBN numbers is the one that is currently available, that is the one that I designated as the alternate-cover edition.

As the author, you can change which edition of the book is the default—that is, the one that comes up in searches by title and shows on your author profile. Here's how to do that: How to set the default edition