Polls for Our Souls discussion

370 views
Buddy Reads > How do Buddy Reads work?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments I've been wanting to do a buddy read for awhile but I don't even really know how they work on here. So if anyone could give me some insight that'd be great, thanks.


message 2: by Caron (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 14 comments Gabriella wrote: "I've been wanting to do a buddy read for awhile but I don't even really know how they work on here. So if anyone could give me some insight that'd be great, thanks."

Usually, you find someone/people who'll read a book with you- many groups have a separate Buddy Read thread where you can find people who'll read with you. Once you've found that person, you decide on a date and again, groups usually have a section where you can create a thread for the buddy read (some Mods will create it for you if you ask). In that thread you discuss the book and update your progress. It's the decision of the readers if they want to include spoiler tags or not.

I hope that helped. :)


message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments Caron wrote: "Gabriella wrote: "I've been wanting to do a buddy read for awhile but I don't even really know how they work on here. So if anyone could give me some insight that'd be great, thanks."

Usually, you..."


A bunch, thank you!


message 4: by Caron (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 14 comments Gabriella wrote: "Caron wrote: "Gabriella wrote: "I've been wanting to do a buddy read for awhile but I don't even really know how they work on here. So if anyone could give me some insight that'd be great, thanks."..."

You're welcome. :D


message 5: by Sionna (new)

Sionna (simplystrange) Sometimes you can even agree how much to read in a certain amount of time so that discussion can really happen.


message 6: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie I've also been known to do buddy reads outside of groups -- in which case, a friend and I simply keep an eye on each other's progress on the book and comment back and forth on our updates.


message 7: by Brooke (new)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Does this group have a place for buddy reads?


message 8: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (alexabritni) | 10 comments Thanks for asking this! I was also curious!


message 9: by Gianna (new)

Gianna (noveldepictions) | 13 comments I did a buddy read by finding someone who was interested in the same books as I was. We read half of the book, discussed over direct messaging here on Goodreads, and then did the same with the second half of the book. It worked out pretty well, I think.


message 10: by Ash (new)

Ash | 30 comments I would love to do a Buddy Read, sadly I haven't yet:-(


message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Sayers | 32 comments How I buddy read is by giving my buddy a free muffin so they don't disappear when we are reading together. One of my friends wanted to escape from buddy reading with me. However as I got a freshly made muffin out of my hand their waters dropped and I made a deal. If they read with me I will give them the muffin. And it worked.


back to top