Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴏғ Wɪᴛᴄʜᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅʀʏ discussion

Ground Floor > Transfiguration Courtyard

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

message 2: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Welcome, to th-" he stopped short as they entered the Transfiguration Courtyard. "Hey! This isn't the Quidditch pitch! This is the transfiguration courtyard! We're lost, again!"

message 3: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "Can we just be done with this?" Kit asked, "Is it absolutely necessary that we're in the right setting? AT least you found a large outdoor area... Right? That's good! We're alive, too!"

message 4: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) He sighed. "I suppose... The Quidditch stadium is supposed to be awesome, though, so if you ever find it let me know." He looked around, hoping they wouldn't crash into anything while trying to learn to fly.

message 5: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "You'll find it before I do," Kit told him. "So. What first?"
She rubbed her hands together. She was ready for this.

message 6: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Psh, no way. You're way better at finding stuff. Remember how you found the stairs?" He grinned at her. "Okay, the first thing you need to do is get the broom to know you a little bit. It's my broom, so it'll probably know me best, but it should work for you, too." He put it down on the ground in front of her. "My mom said that the best way to do that is to hold your hand out and say "up" to it. It should go up to your hand."

message 7: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments Before the whole incident on the stairs, Kit wouldn't have believed that. But, honestly, now it didn't seem too improbable. "It is an object though, right? It doesn't have a name? Or gender? It can't, like, make a bunch of little baby broomsticks?" she asked.
"Okay, okay. Up!"
The broomstick bounced a little, but nothing more.

message 8: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Nah, no name. My mum told me not to name it in case I broke it by accident. And yeah, they're inanimate objects. They're just magical." He watched the broom bounce. "That was good! You got it to bounce!"

message 9: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "Okay, good," Kit said, "Up!"
It floated halfway up to her hand, then fell back down onto the ground.
"Up!"
It rolled three feet to the left
"Up?"
It didn't move at all.
Well, she was obviously doing something wrong.

message 10: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Good! It almost got up hat first time! Remember to sound commanding." He remembered the first time it had shy into his hand. He'd been so pleased...

message 11: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "Up!"
This time, it worked. The broomstick flew up into her hand with surprising speed. She had no idea what she'd done differently. Well, the broom obviously sensed something.

message 12: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Awesome! Great job!" He grinned. He wasn't jealous at all that his broom liked someone else, too. Not one bit.

message 13: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "Cool!" Kit smiled, delighted, "So... What, now?"
She was very eager to go on, even if she did completely fail. Which she wouldn't, because it would probably still be fun...

message 14: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Well, typically you'd try flying." He quickly checked for any sharp objects in the vicinity. (You couldn't be too careful. I mean, he had gotten stuck in a stairwell...) "just try to go a little in the air. Not to high."

message 15: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments "Okay..."
She mounted the broom rather clumsily. It was her first time... When she kicked off the ground, she half expected to fall right back down. She couldn't help it.

message 16: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) He watched her nervously, expecting her to crash or something. Knowing their luck... It was going to. As long as she didn't hit the swords on the statues, they should be alright. Should.

message 17: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments She sort of hovered. Only about a foot over James' head. But she was taller than him. "Okay... Now... I go forward, right?"
She had to be absolutely sure.

message 18: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Just come back down for now. Trust me, you do not want to lose control. The firemen look at you kind of funny when they have to get you down from the roof with a broomstick. I said I was dusting the roof." He shook his head. "Of course there's no firemen here... So you'd probably just get In trouble for being on the roof."

message 19: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments Kit laughed. "Yeah, I can see how that might be awkward."
She successfully lowered down to the ground. That surprised her, actually. She'd expected to fall.

message 20: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) He laughed. "Hey, good job! No crashing! That's awesome!"

message 21: by CJ (last edited May 22, 2014 06:52AM) (new)

CJ | 251 comments "Cool!" she said.
She handed his broom back to him. "Now you can do... something."
She wanted to see what flying really looked like. You know, without crashing. Into stairs.

message 22: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 255 comments Mod
Buckland wandered into the courtyard. He'd heard that some of the student were practicing their Quidditch, so he'd picked up his Firebolt (his parents were very rich) and made his way down right away. He smiled when he saw James and Kit.

message 23: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ((XD they were trying to get to the Quidditch pitch, but after an incident involving James's head getting stuck in the stairs, and them getting lost multiple times, they ended up here XD))

message 24: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 255 comments Mod
((Head! My gosh! That must hurt a LOT! :O xD Poor James!))

message 25: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ((XD))

message 26: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments ((Yup!))

message 27: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ((?))

message 28: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments ((Either it's your post or I'm a flobberworm.))

message 29: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ((*headdesk**repeated headdesk*
Well, the idiot of the day award goes to Meli...))

"Yes! And, my dear Kit, there are no stairs in this courtyard, so it's impossible for me to crash into them! A statue, a roof, a wall, maybe! But stairs? No!"

message 30: by CJ (new)

CJ | 251 comments ((Yes! I'm not a flobberworm! I just put my life out there, Meli. It was a really risky bet.))

Kit laughed. "Let's hope it's impossible!"
Knowing him, though...
She was eager, anyway, to see somebody fly. It looked exhilarating.

message 31: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) ((XDXDXD
Evelina? You there?))

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴏғ Wɪᴛᴄʜᴄʀᴀғᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅʀʏ

unread topics | mark unread