The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Dancer's Lament (Path to Ascendancy, #1)
This topic is about Dancer's Lament
Malazan > DL: Part 1 (Prelude-Chapter 5)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments This section is for the Prelude to Chapter 5. Please no spoliers for later chapters

Ctgt | 629 comments I am really enjoying this book much more than any of his other books I've read in the past.
End of chapter three, page 75 of the physical book;
(view spoiler)
I know we don't have to mark spoilers but I loved coming across this myself so figured you guys would as well.

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Yeah think I just started chapter 4. Loved that end to chapter 3!

Bill | 1596 comments I had the same reaction Ctgt.

The Return of the Crimson Guard is probably my second favorite ICE book so I am glad that we are getting to return to the same region.

Really liked the introduction to the Crimson Guard although I believe this is from the time before they took their vow which was against the Malazan empire. I won't add any spoilers but getting to know them more was one of my favorite things about ICE's books.

Loved discovering the origin of the name Dancer. Ullara is a really interesting character. She seems to have a telepathic bond with the birds which seems to be working out for Dorin.

I spend so much time trying to remember if I know the characters and what I know of them. I am avoiding the wiki as I know I will get sucked in for hours.

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments haha, I've been the same way with trying to see if I can tell who is who. I'm probably way off on most; I know we got some background about the empire in some of the Erikson books, but the names change so much that I'm not sure if I know who is who. It's fun to speculate though.

I really like Ullara, I'm hoping she sticks around and isn't just there for Dorin to have someone to avenge.

Ctgt | 629 comments Scott wrote: "I really like Ullara, I'm hoping she sticks around and isn't just there for Dorin to have someone to avenge."

I was thinking the same thing. Also agree with you about guessing the characters, too many name changes.