Popular Science Books for Laymen discussion

The Speed of Light

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L. (last edited May 12, 2014 10:24AM) (new)

L. Riofrio | 7 comments I have written a book about the Universe and light that hopefully anyone can enjoy. There is only one equation in the book! Reviews will be most welcome.
The Speed of Light
Update: 3 free copies are available for giveaway. Good luck!

message 2: by L. (new)

L. Riofrio | 7 comments Has anyone followed the news of BICEP2 supposedly "proving" cosmic inflation before being thoroughly debunked? The means more opportunity for alternative ideas!

message 3: by L. (new)

L. Riofrio | 7 comments This weekend I'm invited to present at the World Science Fiction Convention in London aboutThe Speed of Light.

message 4: by L. (new)

L. Riofrio | 7 comments Next stop on the book tour is the North Houston Astronomy Club September 26. The Speed of Light is the book about the cosmos that any layman or woman will enjoy.

message 5: by L. (new)

L. Riofrio | 7 comments Next stop on the tour is the Brazosport Astronomy Club Tuesday, October 21 at 7:00 PM. Meet at Center for Arts and Science, 400 College Blvd, Clute Texas. The Speed of Light is also available on Amazon, Kindle, bn.com and many other places!

message 6: by L. (new)

L. Riofrio | 7 comments I will be addressing the San Antonio Astronomical Association on November 14 at 7:30 PM. 6720 Broadway in Alamo Heights. In case you can't make it, The Speed of Light is available on Amazon, Kindle and other places!

message 7: by L. (new)

L. Riofrio | 7 comments Has everyone seen the news that BICEP2 and the "evidence" of cosmic inflation have crumbled to dust? The Speed of Light offers a solution, that is simple, testable and explains our universe better than old ideas.