Audiobooks discussion

Technical stuff > Problems with OCD aka OneClick Digital

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Msjodi777 (new)

Msjodi777 | 52 comments I am so very close to just giving up with OCD. Went in today, and noted that several books I had put on hold were checked out to my account. (only received notification about one of the books) So, I returned 2 books that I have listened to, and tried to download the books which are checked out to me. .... and that is when the problems started.

When I went into the media manager, I noted that the 2 books I returned were still in media manager as checked out to me, and only one of the new books was there to download. Hit the refresh button, and tried again. Did get the one that is new to download to my nano but no joy on the other new ones.

Closed media manager, and reopened it - same 3 books, and media manager will not let me return the 2 books that have already been returned - I wonder why.

Uninstalled, re-downloaded, reinstalled the media manager and tried again. Same results. This is so very stupid. If they can't make a product that works, they should just sell out to someone who can! I submitted a ticket, and will try again in an hour. If I still have problems, I am going to complain to NCLive. OCD seems to be having a new problem every other week. It's just not worth it.

My apologies to catbookmom and any others who are also on the ravelry audiobook group, cause I've already ranted over there. I'm also going to fuss on FB.... something really needs to be done about all the problems with OCD, and I'm gonna do my best to bring it to the attention of the people who use their services.... there is no excuse for this kind of service. <><

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Bunnell | 3 comments I'm at my wits' end with OneClickDigital today too. I know your post is a month old, but my OCD was working just fine until a recent Update on my Kindle Fire (it's five years old, but everything was just fine until this update).

Now I can't log in to either library in which I have audiobooks checked out currently, and I'm halfway through one. Ack. I've tried emailing their customer support and they told me to powerdown, uninstall, reinstall, all of which did absolutely nothing. Arrrgh.

Anyone else trying to use OCD on a Kindle having major problems, particularly since this update?

message 3: by Msjodi777 (new)

Msjodi777 | 52 comments Wendy wrote: "I'm at my wits' end with OneClickDigital today too. I know your post is a month old, but my OCD was working just fine until a recent Update on my Kindle Fire (it's five years old, but everything wa..."

Wendy, I ended up having to not only uninstall, reinstall, but also go in and find the folder where OCD kept all it's little files, that don't get deleted when it's uninstalled, and delete that folder too... Things finally got straightened out, when I did the uninstall, delete that folder, then reinstall... but it took a while to get everything straightened out. Haven't had any more trouble with them.... so far.... <><

message 4: by Hanna (new)

Hanna | 3 comments Just wanted to pop this somewhere. I'm having the usual 'mare with goodreads' awful-and-never-improving search, so will add it to a couple of threads in case anyone's interested.
Taken from my local library's website:

Information for customers using OneClick Digital and Zinio

From the 27 June 2017 OneClick Digital and Zinio are rebranding to RB Digital. From the RB Digital app you will be able to access both eMagazines and eAudiobooks.

If you use OneClick Digital you will be prompted to update your app to the RB Digital app.

If you use Zinio you will asked to download the RB Digital app.

If you have accounts for both services your accounts will have merged. You can log into the RB Digital app using either account. If this does not happen or you need help accessing the app please contact RBDigital@wfhowes.co.uk

Worth a check perhaps Msjodi..? Looks pretty much the same to me, but may be improved.. :o