What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Time-Travel from the 1980's where hero has a relationship with a barely evolved ape. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RNDK (new)

RNDK | 25 comments I'm looking for a book that could be classed as Time-Travel or Science Fiction written by a male author. The hero is sent back in time prehistoric age. I can't remember his purpose. He has a relationship with a female (more ape like than human) who I think is an outcast by her people. She gives birth to his son. I think the ape is albino or at least different. The book was well written and tastefully done. I remember the hero thinking that the female was protective and gentle to him. In the end I think he has to return to the present. Not too sure of the end. The female may have died.

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments Are you sure the time travel was the guy going back, and not the neanderthal coming forward? There is Orphan of Creation, which is sort of like that.

message 3: by RNDK (new)

RNDK | 25 comments Definitely going back. I think sometimes he was a scientist. I remember him making observations on the primitive species and how they would have or will evolve. The female gorilla he had the relationship with may have been treated like an outcast because she was more evolved.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Jun 16, 2016 08:29PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Can we rule out Great Apes?

Oh, I guess that was from the 90s. Even so, it helps to rule things out.

message 6: by RNDK (new)

RNDK | 25 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Can we rule out Great Apes?

Oh, I guess that was from the 90s. Even so, it helps to rule things out."

Definitely not Great Apes. The main character physically does go back in time. Thanks for the suggestion.

message 7: by RNDK (last edited Jun 17, 2016 11:23AM) (new)

RNDK | 25 comments Lisa wrote: "No Enemy But Time?"

This is a good contender. Some of the reviews spark a bit or memory but I really can't confirm as yet until I read more. To me, one of the major plot lines was the main character having a relationship with this prehistoric female and it resulting in a child. A family relationship has been alluded to in all reviews so far with comments on bad prose etc.

After perusing an e-copy I can confirm that the book is 'No Enemy But Time'. I had forgotten much. The story is still original but the prose is wince worthy in many places.

Thanks Lisa.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments RNDK wrote: "Lisa wrote: "No Enemy But Time?"

This is a good contender. Some of the reviews spark a bit or memory but I really can't confirm as yet until I read more. To me, one of the major plo..."

You're welcome.