Young Beginner Writers (closed) discussion

Indroductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by lorien (new)

lorien | 2222 comments Mod
Introduce yourself!

message 2: by Jádé (new)

Jádé ~Goddess of Insanity~ Wíĺĺów  (AshNDust01goodreadscomRogue) | 4 comments Jade

message 3: by Abigail H. (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 398 comments I'm Abigail H. Leskey, and go by Abigail.

message 4: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (ellieorsborn) Mandie

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily   Hey there Abigail welcome to the group! :)

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily   Mandie wrote: "Mandie"

welcome to the group Mandie :)

message 7: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (ellieorsborn) Emily wrote: "Mandie wrote: "Mandie"

welcome to the group Mandie :)"

message 8: by Rosie (new)

Rosie | 27 comments Hi, I'm Rosie McCann (online pseudonym from one of my favorite songs.) You can call me Rosie :)

message 9: by lorien (last edited Jun 28, 2016 08:38AM) (new)

Rosie wrote: "Hi, I'm Rosie McCann (online pseudonym from one of my favorite songs.) You can call me Rosie :)"

Welcome! ; )

message 10: by lorien (new)

Rosie wrote: "Hi, I'm Rosie McCann (online pseudonym from one of my favorite songs.) You can call me Rosie :)"

I checked out the song and it sounds really good! I like it!

message 11: by Irene (new)

Irene Quicksword (redfieldreads) Hi all, thanks for the invite Lorien

message 12: by Rosie (new)

Rosie | 27 comments Lorien wrote: "Rosie wrote: "Hi, I'm Rosie McCann (online pseudonym from one of my favorite songs.) You can call me Rosie :)"

I checked out the song and it sounds really good! I like it!"

Thanks! It was actually one of the first Irish/Celtic songs I ever heard :)

message 13: by R.E. (new)

R.E. Banks | 158 comments Hello everyone I am R. E. Banks . . . which is actually just a pen name . . . but at least my initials are right! :)

message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily   R. E. Banks wrote: "Hello everyone I am R. E. Banks . . . which is actually just a pen name . . . but at least my initials are right! :)"

Welcome to the group! :)

message 15: by R.E. (new)

R.E. Banks | 158 comments Thank you, I'm having a good time. I like your profile picture, by the way.

message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily   R. E. Banks wrote: "Thank you, I'm having a good time. I like your profile picture, by the way."

Abby ~Sign Please~ | 39 comments I'm Abby and my pen name is A. L. White

message 18: by lorien (new)

Abby wrote: "I'm Abby and my pen name is A. L. White"

Nice to have you. If you need help just let me know. ; )

Amanda-I dream of a gallant southern gentleman watching the sunset | 4 comments I'm Amanda, and you can call me Amy if you want.

message 20: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Hi, Amy! Welcome to the group! :)

message 21: by lorien (new)

Amanda-buckybarneswintersoldier wrote: "I'm Amanda, and you can call me Amy if you want."

I'm so glad you're able to join the group! I hope you enjoy. ; )

Abby ~Sign Please~ | 39 comments Welcome Amy!

message 23: by Coralie (new)

Coralie (corkybookworm) | 386 comments Mod
Amanda-buckybarneswintersoldier wrote: "I'm Amanda, and you can call me Amy if you want."

Glad to have you here, Amanda! I hope you find something inspirational, encouraging, and downright fun in the group!

message 24: by Kendra (new)

Kendra maidment (kendra_maidment) Hey, I am Kendra

message 25: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Hi, Kendra! Welcome to the group! :)

message 26: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Pacific (BookLover227) | 21 comments Hiya! My name's Crystal, but my friends call my Crys for short. I've been working on my writing for about four years now, but I admit that I still have a lot to learn.

message 27: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) Hi there, Crys! Welcome to the group! Haha, every author always has something more to learn. It's impossible to know everything! XD

message 28: by lorien (new)

Crystal wrote: "Hiya! My name's Crystal, but my friends call my Crys for short. I've been working on my writing for about four years now, but I admit that I still have a lot to learn."

Hello, Crystal! I'm so glad you can join this group! I hope you have an excellent time here and if you have any questions at all, please let either me, Emily, or Coralie. Thanks! ; )

message 29: by Emily (new)

Emily   Crystal wrote: "Hiya! My name's Crystal, but my friends call my Crys for short. I've been working on my writing for about four years now, but I admit that I still have a lot to learn."

Hey Crys :) its great you could join this group :) Its awesome you've been writing that long!

message 30: by Coralie (new)

Crystal wrote: "Hiya! My name's Crystal, but my friends call my Crys for short. I've been working on my writing for about four years now, but I admit that I still have a lot to learn."

Howdy! Welcome to the group!! We're glad to have you!

message 31: by TessaMarie (new)

TessaMarie Beard Hey Guys I'm Tess

message 32: by Coralie (new)

Welcome, Tess!! :)

message 33: by lorien (new)

TessaMarie wrote: "Hey Guys I'm Tess"

Thank you for joining! ; )
If you have any questions, ask any of the moderators.

message 34: by Zuri (new)

Zuri  (thegirlwithunicorns) | 3 comments Hi, I am Raven

message 35: by Coralie (new)

Howdy, Raven! Welcome!

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 1 comments Hey guys, I'm Kavya, call ma Kavy

message 37: by Emily (new)

Emily   Ƙανу Jαcкѕση Ƒυℓℓвυѕтєя ~Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh And you don't have to change a thing~ wrote: "Hey guys, I'm Kavya, call ma Kavy"

Welcome Kavy :)

message 38: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) Hello, I'm Angel.

message 39: by lorien (new)

Welcome Angel! : )

message 40: by Coralie (new)

Welcome to the group, Kavy and Angel! We look forward to your participation! Don't forget to check out the short story writing contest going on in the Writing Prompts folder!

message 41: by Danielle's Books (new)

Danielle's Books (daniellesbooks) Hello I am Danielle! I love writing, and started at a young age! I have not been published yet, but I hope to be someday!!!

message 42: by Coralie (new)

Hi, Danielle! Welcome! We look forward to interacting with you in the group. If you have any questions, please let us know!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, guys, name's J. Pseudo Tohabath. I write for alternate universe ideas, interactive fiction, and am currently working on a 12+ chapter kid's novel. Almost finished with the rough draft- only about 20 words away to reaching 40,000 words (yes, I'm a little proud, even if some of said words don't mean much of anything yet). Some quick questions:

1. Is there a topic for community-written story prompts?

2. How can I best participate in this group?

3. Who all here has seen Secret of the Kells?

4. How do you solve a problem like Maria?

Thanks for having me onboard!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Winter {No Mourners No Funerals} wrote: "Hey J! Welcome. That last question is wonderful. You probably want a mod to answer your questions, they know better than I do. ;)"

Thank you for the welcome!

Hmm... not entirely certain as to how I should contact the powers that be (A.K.A. The Moderators), but I suppose that mystery will be solved in the near future. :)

message 45: by lorien (new)

Hello, Tohab, and welcome to our group! To answer your first question: yes. (1) The Writing for Fun! topic and also the Character Building thread are open for community Prompts. So if you have a prompt you'd like to share or just need ideas for writing, head on over to either of those threads.
(2) Hm. If you have some advice to share while you're writing or in the process of it, you share that and also just talk with some of our members. : )
(3) Is it that movie that has the little green person on it? I think I've heard of it before. Set in Ireland, right?
(4) By watching the movie, of course. ; )

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Lorien Rhys wrote: "Hello, Tohab, and welcome to our group! To answer your first question: yes. (1) The Writing for Fun! topic and also the Character Building thread are open for community Prompts. So if you have a pr..."

I see! Gracias.

message 47: by lorien (new)

You are very welcome! :D

message 48: by Coralie (new)

J wrote: "Winter {No Mourners No Funerals} wrote: "Hey J! Welcome. That last question is wonderful. You probably want a mod to answer your questions, they know better than I do. ;)"

Thank you for the welcom..."

1. Lorien's gotcha here! Not much I can add to that. :D
2. Write! As Lorien said, we have threads where you can share your personal advice for writing--and where others post questions that we can all help to answer. We also have a Stories folder that I'm sure others would love for you to check out. You can post your own story there and provide feedback for the stories of others that are already posted. I know peeps would greatly appreciate that. We have the Writing threads to help encourage our members to expand their skills, practice, and dig deeper into their characters' minds. There are chat threads just for chatting and game threads for fun. Oh, and, you can always contribute by participating in the current writing competition, whether by writing, reading, voting, or all three! I hope these are a few ideas that can help you get started!
3. Unfortunately, I suppose not, even though I'm a huge movie bug. Is it any good?
4. How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?

Welcome to the group!!

message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 12, 2017 03:37PM) (new)

Coralie wrote: "J wrote: "Winter {No Mourners No Funerals} wrote: "Hey J! Welcome. That last question is wonderful. You probably want a mod to answer your questions, they know better than I do. ;)"

Thank you for ..."

Thanks! And yeah, I could recommend SoK to pretty much anyone. :)

message 50: by skyla (new)

skyla (uwish_124) Samantha

« previous 1