Future Elementary Teachers Library discussion

Introductions!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison (allisondaviswrites) | 10 comments Mod
Say hello!

Share a little bit about yourself, your favorite books, and any exciting summer plans!

Thanks for joining this book group :)

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie (Katiezeligermecom) | 1 comments I am Katie Zeliger a mother of 3 kids currently tutoring a first grader going into 2nd(not my own). I'm looking for early reader books that are interesting. Im working on Raz-Kids per the teacher direction but she is more responsive when she reads more interesting plots. Not sure how to handle this.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Hensley | 1 comments Hello! I'm Amanda Hensley, 6th grade teacher from California. I've currently given myself permission to take a break from reading "teacher" books (including children's lit) and read a couple of "grown-up" books this summer. I feel guilty! ;) Looking forward to learning from this group.

message 4: by Allison (new)

Katie wrote: "I am Katie Zeliger a mother of 3 kids currently tutoring a first grader going into 2nd(not my own). I'm looking for early reader books that are interesting. Im working on Raz-Kids per the teacher d..."

Hey Katie! Thanks so much for joining the group, glad to have you here!

message 5: by Allison (new)

Amanda wrote: "Hello! I'm Amanda Hensley, 6th grade teacher from California. I've currently given myself permission to take a break from reading "teacher" books (including children's lit) and read a couple of "gr..."

Hey Amanda! Thanks so much for joining, glad you're here! Would love to here some of your favorite chapter books you've taught in 6th grade :) Happy summer reading!

message 6: by ML (new)

ML McCauley | 1 comments Hi everyone,
My name is Mary Lynn McCauley. I am a former first grade and kindergarten teacher in New York and will be starting a new position as Literacy Coach this fall. Excited to join your group! Thanks for starting it Allison!

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott Sarich | 2 comments Hello everyone!

My name is Scott Sarich and I teach in a 3rd and 4th grade combined classroom in Massachusetts. Early next week I'll be releasing my first Amazon Kindle book titled "Teaching Mojo: Educating the Whole Child and Inspiring Them to Step Into Their Power."

I can offer it free here to anyone who will post an honest review on Amazon after reading. Below is the author's launch page with more information.

http://booklaunch.io/scottsarich/teac...

Thanks,
Scott

message 8: by Allison (new)

ML wrote: "Hi everyone,
My name is Mary Lynn McCauley. I am a former first grade and kindergarten teacher in New York and will be starting a new position as Literacy Coach this fall. Excited to join your grou..."

Welcome Mary Lynn! Glad to have you! Congrats on the new position- that's so exciting! Will you be working with specific grade levels or with all students in your building?

message 9: by Allison (new)

Scott wrote: "Hello everyone!

My name is Scott Sarich and I teach in a 3rd and 4th grade combined classroom in Massachusetts. Early next week I'll be releasing my first Amazon Kindle book titled "Teaching Mojo:..."

Hi Scott, great to have you! Congratulations on your book- that's an amazing accomplishment!! Will the book be available for paperback purchases on Amazon? How do you like teaching in a combined classroom?

message 10: by Scott (new)

Scott Sarich | 2 comments Allison wrote: "Scott wrote: "Hello everyone!

My name is Scott Sarich and I teach in a 3rd and 4th grade combined classroom in Massachusetts. Early next week I'll be releasing my first Amazon Kindle book titled "..."

Hi Allison,

Teaching in a combined classroom has it's challenges and it's something I'm still getting used to. When I perfect it I'll let you know :) We teach 3rd grade Social Studies and 4th grade Science one year then teach the opposite grade level on those subjects the following year.

Yes, the book is available on Amazon as of today as a Kindle book. If it sells well I will also offer it in paperback. It will be available for free until Wednesday.

Here is a link. If you do download, please leave an honest review. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Teaching-Mojo-...

Best,
Scott

message 11: by Dina (new)

Dina (dinamurphy) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Dina. Currently teaching my first year of 3rd grade. Previously I taught 1st graders for 3 years of Chinese dual language immersion with a partner from China. Before that 5 years of traditional 1st grade & 5 years of double session kindergarten. I'm enjoying teaching the love of reading & literature to children who already know how to read...

message 12: by Allison (new)

Dina wrote: "Hi, I'm Dina. Currently teaching my first year of 3rd grade. Previously I taught 1st graders for 3 years of Chinese dual language immersion with a partner from China. Before that 5 years of traditi..."

Welcome Dina!! Thank you so much for joining!

message 13: by Brianne (new)

Brianne | 1 comments Hi!
My name is Brianne and I'm just about to finish up my degree in Elementary Education, which means I need all the help I can get with book recommendations! I'm excited to hear what books you guys suggest!

message 14: by Allison (new)

Brianne wrote: "Hi!
My name is Brianne and I'm just about to finish up my degree in Elementary Education, which means I need all the help I can get with book recommendations! I'm excited to hear what books you guy..."

Welcome Brianne!

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2 comments Howdy do. My name is Kimberly, but please call me Kim. I am currently at a technical school taking a few Elementary Education classes. I am in the process of transferring to a Graduate Program at a local university. I have a BA in Sociology, and I've decided that I'd love to become an elementary school teacher. I'd love to talk to others making this journey, too. I hope to get to know all of you!