Shut Up & Read discussion

Notes From a Very Small Island
This topic is about Notes From a Very Small Island
Past-Read It & Reap Books > {Read It & Reap 587} Notes from a Very Small Island by Anthony Stancomb

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Leigh | 15079 comments Mod
What is Read It & Reap?

Our Read It & Reap program is designed with authors in mind. Our goal is to help indie and self-published authors promote their books. If you are signing up to review Please Remember you have 3 weeks to read and review and post the links to your review on this page! For more information about RI&R and our Rules & Requirements click here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

Title: Notes From a Very Small Island
Author: Anthony Stancomb
Genre: Memoir/humor/moving to a foreign country
: Formats Available: Mobi, Pdf
Pages: 300

Synopsis:

From a Very Small Island is the follow-up to the bestselling ‘Under a Croatian Sun’, which tells the story of a couple upping sticks and leaving their humdrum life in London for blue skies and café life on an island in Croatia.

In this second book, the couple continue their attempts to fit in with the village community, but it’s not always easy, and more often than not their endeavours involve them in in hilarious disasters.

They also now try to start some projects up, but they have to battle with maddening ex-communist authorities and highly suspicious locals. However, through this, they get to see the crippling legacies that communism and the recent war have left in the lives of their new neighbours.

Although largely a light hearted tale, the book is also a heartfelt insight into a community trying to adjust to being members of the EU and the ways of the Western World.

The first 6 people to sign up leaving their email address, format they require will receive this free ebook for review

Review Due Date: July 5, 2016

message 2: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (last edited Jul 26, 2016 04:21PM) (new)

Reviewers
1.Rachel- rachelbrune@yahoo.com -mobi

Rachel Brune | 22 comments Please send me at .mobi at rachelbrune@yahoo.com Thanks!

message 4: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Rachel, I have added you.

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Chen (mathchem) | 1 comments Rachel- mathchem.21@gmail.com
Thx

Rachel Brune | 22 comments Sorry I am so late! I have posted my GR review, but can't get the link to copy on my phone. Great read, thanks!

message 7: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Rachel wrote: "Sorry I am so late! I have posted my GR review, but can't get the link to copy on my phone. Great read, thanks!"

Thank you for your review.

Here is the link to your review. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 8: by Leigh, ⭐Wonder Woman⭐ (new)

Matthew wrote: "Rachel- mathchem.21@gmail.com
Thx"

Are you interested in review this book? If so what format do you need? Mobi or pdf