The Green Jell-O Book Club: A Goodreads Group about Fiction Written by LDS Authors discussion

Great Minds Want to Know . . . > What are some of your favorite children’s books?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charissa (last edited Jun 14, 2016 11:22AM) (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments The one I read over and over as a kid was McElligot's Pool by Dr. Seuss. I also loved the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe series by C.S. Lewis. My kids and I love all the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling as well as the Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites series by Chris Heimerdinger.

message 2: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Sowards | 2481 comments Some of my favorites:

Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes Johnny Tremain
The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare The Witch of Blackbird Pond
The Perilous Gard by Elizabeth Marie Pope The Perilous Gard

When I read to my children, I like Dr. Seuss, P.D. Eastman, Mercer Mayer, and Beatrix Potter (we even have a "Beatrix Potter" meal, where we serve bread and milk and blackberries--what Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail got to eat at the end of The Tale of Peter Rabbit).

message 3: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments A.L. wrote: "Some of my favorites:

Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes Johnny Tremain
The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare The Witch of Blackbird Pond
[bookcover:The Peril..."

Oh, yes! I loved Witch of Blackbird Pond too. I'd forgotten about that one.

message 4: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Sowards | 2481 comments Charissa wrote: "Oh, yes! I loved Witch of Blackbird Pond too. I'd forgotten about that one. "

It's a good one!