Addicted to YA discussion

Surveys and Quizzes > What YA book series should I read??

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 18 comments Hi, I enjoy reading dystopian YA books and I am currently trying to find a new book to read. So, if any of you have any suggestions please tell me, thank youuuuu.

Danielle's Books (daniellesbooks) | 215 comments All right here we go!
1) The Selection series by Keira Cass ( there are mixed reviews on this, so I was nervous about reading it at first. Don't let the reviews scare you though you may end up liking it as much as I did!)
2) The Immortal Rules series by Julie Kagawa ( I really loved this series! Its a vampire dystopian type series. I also recommend the rest of her books as well; she's one of my favorite authors!)
Hope you enjoy these!!!

message 3: by Staci (new)

Staci | 48 comments I agree with Danielle. I love the Selection Series (so far, I've only read the first 2). I also enjoyed the book Unwind I'm going to be reading the 2nd book soon

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 18 comments Danielle

Thank you!! I've read the first few books of The Selection and liked it. I can't wait to read the The Immortal Rules though. Thank you for the suggestion!

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 18 comments Staci

Hello, thank you for the suggestions!! I've read the first book of unwind as well and am planning to read the rest of the series soon.

message 6: by imts (new)

imts (heirofinkandpaper) | 285 comments Hey Tiffany!
So yes, The Selection series suggestion was a really good one (kudos to Danielle). I started The Immortal Rules series but it didn't get me hooked so I left it, but each to their own opinion. However, I have a few (many, actually, but I'll start with a few :D) recommendations of my own:
1) The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
2) The Infernal Devices, also by Cassandra Clare
3) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
4) The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (I may have misspelled the author's name)
5) A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
6) The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
7) Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
8) Legend by Marie Lu
9) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Hope you enjoy them! :)

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 18 comments Ashryver

Hi! Thank you so much for the suggestions!! I am gonna start reading the mortal instruments series as soon as possible (I've heard lots of people talking about it) and read the other book suggestions as soon as possible. Thank you, I am quite excited to start reading everything!!

message 8: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 76 comments The Dustlands Trilogy by Moira Young has everything we love about dystopian lit: Blood Red Road Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young Rebel Heart Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2) by Moira Young Raging Star Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3) by Moira Young

message 9: by Rhiaan (new)

Rhiaan Leckie | 86 comments The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

message 10: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Smith | 4 comments Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, Throne of Glass and A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas, A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab, Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

message 11: by Rells (new)

Rells (gingerwolfie) THRONE OF GLASS!!!!

message 12: by Tristen (new)

Tristen (bo0kenthusiast) | 577 comments Ya'll I'm waiting for the release of the title of the 3rd book in the Red Queen series!!!!

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω | 188 comments I must second Bethany's suggestiong of A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab , it's very good. Also a standalones that are excellent The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury & Uprooted by Naomi Novik . Series I would recommend Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder , Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore , Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine (Morganville Vampires--suuuuch a good series if you like vamps), The Magicians' Guild (Black Magician Trilogy, #1) by Trudi Canavan ...and I should really stop listing books now....lol.

message 14: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (booksbyash) | 201 comments Tristen wrote: "Ya'll I'm waiting for the release of the title of the 3rd book in the Red Queen series!!!!"

omg I am dying I need the new book !!!!!

message 15: by Tristen (new)

Tristen (bo0kenthusiast) | 577 comments Ugh the title better be released at midnight!

message 16: by Lindy (new)

Lindy | 20 comments LEGEND! It will change you

message 17: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 25 comments Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant

I hope these help you find something you like! Happy Reading!

message 18: by Ray (new)

Ray Gao (kanray_east) | 5 comments Ashfall

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah The House of the Scorpion is excellent and very different.

message 20: by C. (last edited Aug 15, 2016 02:58AM) (new)

C. | 21 comments Discern (Katon University, #1) by Andrea Pearson I think this series sounds good and I just snagged book #1 as a Kindle 'freebie' yesterday!

message 21: by C. (new)

C. | 21 comments Hannah wrote: "The House of the Scorpion is excellent and very different."

This sounds really good, added it to my TBR list, thanks!

message 22: by S.Shade (new)

S.Shade | 162 comments Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi I personally loved the Shatter Me series :)

message 23: by Athena (new)

Athena (awins) | 18 comments Reckoners series by Brandon Sanderson - Steelheart is the first book. Also, Article 5 series by Kristen Simmons - Article 5 is the first book.

message 24: by Yomna (new)

Yomna Ab. All of them lol, the winners series by marie R.

message 25: by Dana (new)

Dana Wallace - Not Enough Books, Not Enough Time (danaaa_99) | 8 comments A Court of Thorns and Roses!!!

message 26: by Tina (new)

Tina Rose | 9 comments The Finishing School Series (first book = Etiquette and Espionage) by Gail Carriger
Parasol Protectorate Series (first book = Soulless) by Gail Carriger
Precious Stone Trilogy ( First book = Ruby Red) by Kerstin Gier
All very interesting and unique.

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Iles | 4 comments On tiptoe

Start with mine series... First volume on line on Amazon.com/uk
On tiptoe

message 28: by Lala (new)

Lala  Land (lamega) | 202 comments Lunar chronicles by Marisa Meyer (cinder is the first one)
Ember in the ashes series (ember in the ashes is the first)
Snow like ashes series