What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Looking for a book where the hero name is hall and heroine name is Eleanor [s]

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments Please someone help me with this.am in love with this novel but cannot remember the name nor the author.the hero name is hall and the heroine name is Eleanor.the where childhood lovers and hall was the third son,his brothers names where Lord Thomas and lord Nicolas.so back to the story the heroine mother did not like the hero because he was a third son and wouldn't inherit the title,to cut a long story short the hero wanted to leave England to New York to make a fortune of his own instead of relaying on his father fortune and he ask the heroine to go with him unfortunately she didn't meet up because her mother hid the letter that the hero sent to her and he left after waiting for her and she didn't comes.he believe that she stood him up not knowing she had no idea of what going on.after he left she found out she was pregnant and went to the hero family estate to look for him n met his older brother lord Thomas n ended up spilling the beans to him.Lord Thomas being an honorable man ask her to marry him in order to give his brother child a name,she agreed after 3 weeks and married him and gave birth to the child,hall son and his name was Thomas hall.later lord Thomas Eleanor husband died and lord hall Eleanor first love return to England after years in New York for his brother burial and shocked to see that the woman he has loved all his life n still do but also felt hatred for her believing she stood him up was his brother widow.in the plot a woman comes up actually a scammer who wanted to take family's wealth n estate and also seek revenge against the family for events that happens years back.she lied and forge documents with the help of her brother claiming she is the long lost first secret wife of the late lord Thomas so she she can claim the inheritance left for Eleanor and her son.lord hall all the while having no idea that the child he think to be his late brother son is actually his son.he set out with his brother Lord Nicolas to find the truth n clear his late brothers inheritance,after the case it settle n it discover that the woman was a scam.eleanor and hall face their past n settle their different and then it discovered that Eleanor mother was the one who cause the rift between them leading to Eleanor be living that hall abandoned her and hall believing Eleanor stood him up.all because hall was not the one in line to inherit the title of marquess being the younger son.in the final episode hall left alone to New York without Eleanor But Eleanor mother feeling remorse for what she did to the young lovers in the past team up with hall Aunty and brother lord Nicolas and ask her to go and join hall in New York n claim their love which she did.surprising hall while he was aboard the ship to sail to New York.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jun 14, 2016 07:44AM) (new)

Kris | 32253 comments Mod
Briana, I moved your request to the Unsolved folder because you're looking for a specific book.

What year did you read this book?

message 3: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments I cannot really recall but then I was in high school.final year of high school.i think 2008

message 4: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments 2008 but I finished high school in 2007

message 5: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments And oh thank you for moving it to unsolved folder,really appreciate and hope I get helpful response

message 6: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments Please why am I not getting any help here?

message 7: by Kris (new)

Briana, please note the bump period for this large group is 30+ days - or sooner if you remember more information.

I would suggest editing your topic header to describe the main plot and genre (e.g., adult contemporary romance). Characters names alone are not as likely to trigger someone's memory, as readers often forget names or remember them incorrectly.

Also, it's difficult to read a really long paragraph (message #1). It helps to break up the main ideas into separate paragraphs. Consider editing this post using the desktop, not mobile, website.

What year did you read this book?

message 8: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments We'll never mind.please how can I delete this thread?thank you.i cannot remember any information than the ones I have given you but seem this is of no help so I would like to delete it.

message 9: by Kris (new)

Generally, we move the request to the Abandoned folder if the person no longer wants the book. This is helpful if they change their mind in the future.

If you're interested in finding this book, I'd suggest keeping it in the Unsolved folder. Some requests take a while to solve. Just come back and bump the thread every 30 days or longer, so new members will see your request.

message 10: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments Ok then I will keep it there and maybe check back in a month or so.thank you

message 11: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments I think it was an Avon romance because I remember seeing fire as midnight by babara Dawson for the first time at the back of book where they write list of books published by the same publisher including books suggestions. I remember seeing fire at midnight there for the first time before I went ahead to buy it.that all I can remember.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
Briana, your first post is very hard to read because it is long, you have no paragraph breaks, and no spaces between sentences. I don't know for sure, but maybe this is why you aren't getting responses, because people just can't read it, or don't want to.

I would suggest putting in some paragraph breaks.

message 13: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments I cannot edit it.how do I do it?

message 14: by Kris (new)

Briana wrote: "I cannot edit it.how do I do it?"

You'll need to use the desktop/full website, not the mobile website. Click the "edit" link below message #1 - it's on the right-hand side.

message 15: by Florrie (new)

Florrie | 6 comments Is it The Fledgling, Hall Family Chronicles, by any chance?

message 16: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments No florrie is not.

message 18: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
Is this contemporary or historical? Since the Mum was worried about titles, I'm thinking historical?

message 19: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments Anna I believe is historical

message 20: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments Juel thank you very much you are right that is the name.thank you l,really appreciate fro taking your time to read this long epistle of mine.lol

message 21: by Briana (new)

Briana Kings | 14 comments Lobstergirl juel is right about the book title.thank you all

message 22: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2379 comments You're welcome.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Disgraced Marchioness (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anne O'Brien (other topics)