Crave (Bonds, #1) Crave discussion

Too Expensive

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandi - Protester of Goofreads This is one of my favorite authors, but $5.50 for 120 page ebook is just getting ridiculous, in my opinion. I won't be getting this one.

message 2: by IndiGo Lori (new) - added it

IndiGo Lori It's on sale this week for $2.50 in case you want to pick up a copy :)

Paris        (kerbytejas) I can't believe I did "early" buy with discount from Totally Bound,thinking I would save $$ and then when the book went live is was highly reduced to like 99 cents at amazon, or a while later 2.50 as shown in post #2 above and Totally Bound did nothing to honor or match that reduced price - no credit to my account or anything, I got contacted by some manager at the company and they did nothing...I will never do "early buys" from Totally Bound again, and will consider other vendors first for the books in their catalog!
I will now wait till books go live - as I have so many books to read - very seldom do I need a book right now.

I loved Crave, but not the experience of dealing with Totally Bound

message 4: by Luv2read (new) - added it

Luv2read That totally sucks Paris and frustrating for you I'm sure. I had thought about buying it from Totally Bound, I am so glad I didn't after hearing this. :-(

Paris        (kerbytejas) Luv2read wrote: "That totally sucks Paris and frustrating for you I'm sure. I had thought about buying it from Totally Bound, I am so glad I didn't after hearing this. :-("

Thank goodness it was a good book...I can't fault the author for wanting a pay day :>)

message 6: by Luv2read (new) - added it

Luv2read I agree, we can't fault the authors for wanting a payday. It's just sometimes on the retail end of things it can be a little annoying but we forget all about that when it turns out to be a good book, don't we! Lol! It's all good!!

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee Lori wrote: "It's on sale this week for $2.50 in case you want to pick up a copy :)"

Was it revised? It shows as $4.50 for 222 pages for me!

Ilana i don't know that i noticed the price - i guess the cover art distracted me too much to really worry about it. but i think maybe it was $4.99 which is what i've become accustomed to paying.

The one thing that i've said over and over though is that it felt more like a novella than a story - and in that sense - it should have been $2.99

Sandi - Protester of Goofreads Ilana wrote: "i don't know that i noticed the price - i guess the cover art distracted me too much to really worry about it. but i think maybe it was $4.99 which is what i've become accustomed to paying.

The..."

It seems more authors are going for the novella, & it's being priced at $5.00+. I know 2 other authors that I follow, and purchase, have also done this. That's just too much for an ebook, in my opinion.

Paris        (kerbytejas) for me it was just a lesson - don't buy early unless its a book I can;t live without - I paid the " discount price of $5.50" because it was a pre-release special
(price would go up when published - per the e-mail)
well the price went down and even hit 0.99 for a while @ amazon
its just a live and learn --- authors have to eat too
and it was a great book