Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Mamaleh Knows Best: What Jewish Mothers Do to Raise Successful, Creative, Empathetic, Independent Children
This topic is about Mamaleh Knows Best
Questions > Removing author listing for non-existent book?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marjorie Ingall (marjorie_ingall) | 3 comments Hi -- I can't figure out how to delete this book, which does not exist! I think someone at my publisher must have listed it accidentally; it was a long-ago proposed title for the book that eventually became Mamaleh Knows Best (which comes out in August). I tried to manually delete it but didn't succeed. Can you help, super-mega-librarians? Thank you!

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Marjorie,

Is the ISBN attached to As You Teach also being used for Mamaleh Knows Best?

Marjorie Ingall (marjorie_ingall) | 3 comments Yes.

But hm, that makes me realize another possible issue: I just combined the listings for the Kindle edition and Hardcover Edition of Mamaleh Knows Best. Random House lists the ISBN for the book as 9780804141413, which is still what's listed as the 13-digit version, but I'm not sure of the shorter version, which is now listed as 080414141X. That can't be right, can it? Shouldn't it start the same way?

message 4: by Monique (last edited Jun 13, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments OK - I've combined the ebook version (originally mistitled) with the hardcover and kindle editions. I have corrected the title of the ebook edition and added the old title to the original title field so the information doesn't get lost (for people who had previously shelved it under the old title). I have left the ISBN and all other information the same.

The ISBN10 is correct. It would not start with 978 as the ISBN13 does.

Marjorie Ingall (marjorie_ingall) | 3 comments Thank you so much, Monique! I really appreciate it!

message 6: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments No problem. Glad to help.