Short & Sweet Treats discussion

General > Getting to Know You

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Jenn Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Schu (jennschu) | 7041 comments

Now that we're apart of a group of bookworms that enjoy shorter books, let us get to know one another. Feel free to share your interests with one another in this thread. :)

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Chantelle (shanti15) My name is Jessica. I have been a member of this group since 2013, but with school, work, and life in general it is sometimes hard to find time to participate. I live in Arizona, originally from Washington State and I was raised in Vegas. I'm currently reading The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown . Some of my favorite books are Frankenstein, The Giver, The Most Wanted, The Reader, and Girl, Interrupted. My favorite author is Stephen King.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie | 15 comments I'm Katie, I like to read all genres of books. Life is a little busy right now, I have 4 year old twin boys and a week old daughter, but I hope to get some kind of trading done this summer!

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Chantelle (shanti15) Katie wrote: "I'm Katie, I like to read all genres of books. Life is a little busy right now, I have 4 year old twin boys and a week old daughter, but I hope to get some kind of trading done this summer!"

Congratulations on your new baby, Katie!

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Jenn Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Schu (jennschu) | 7041 comments Hi everyone!

I'm Jen and have been a member for a while & last year offered to become a moderator to help the group.

Besides reading, I love to play games, camp, travel, hike, frequent museums, try new restaurants, and take a stab at the occasional arts and crafts.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie | 15 comments Thank you, Jessica! I love Stephen King, too!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi All! What a neat concept for a group. I'm new to GoodReads as of this week. I like to read romance (especially paranormal), sci-fi, psychology, sociology, anthropology, and personal development books. I write some and am a new narrator too.

A book I read several short stories from years ago came to mind as I was perusing the group, The Science Fiction Megapack.

I look forward hearing about good short reads, as well as the discussions here!

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Jenn Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Schu (jennschu) | 7041 comments Welcome to the group, Stevie! Sounds like you have an eclectic reading selection :)

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan Budd (susanbudd) Hi Everyone! I'm a college professor and an author. I teach philosophy and comparative literature. I also write poetry and prose (Visions and Felicity).

I read mostly world literature, poetry, and philosophy. Since I'm currently on summer vacation, I'm getting a lot of reading done. I'm especially enjoying the short novels of Pär Lagerkvist. So far, The Sibyl is my favorite. It's like a parable.

In fact, most of my favorite works of fiction are by their nature short books: parables, fables, fairy tales, allegories. My own books fall into this category as well. Felicity is a philosophical fable.

I'm looking forward to discovering more short & sweet reads with the group!

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Jenn Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Schu (jennschu) | 7041 comments Welcome to the group, Susan! We look forward to your suggestions. Currently, we have two suggestion threads open for our August book, please feel free to join in with a suggestion of your own.