Literary Adventure discussion

Outside the List Reads!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jade (new)

Jade (jaderv) | 61 comments Mod
Hey everyone! I hope your reading is going well! I am so behind, but I think this month will be a good catching up month for me!
Anyways, I thought in this discussion, you could all feel free to talk about any of the books you're reading not on our list!

How many of your outside reading have you finished?
Any particular favorites so far?

Feel free to discuss characters that you love or love to hate, the overall story in general or just share the title and author if you think we should all read it!

Happy reading everyone!

message 2: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Reading Stones from the River right now as it's the oldest book on my TBR. I think it may actually be a re-read as it seems pretty familiar, ugh.

message 3: by Jade (new)

Nice! I'm working on a kids series, book number 4 - "Queste" by Angie Sage, part of the Magyk series. Pretty good read for kids who like Harry Potter I think!

message 4: by Erin (last edited Jun 03, 2014 03:40PM) (new)

Erin | 104 comments Mod
I've read eight of my outside books. I was pleasantly surprised by the Divergent series.

I split my outside reading list into months, just like the rest of our list, but I've not read as many as I hoped, of course! I have four more outside books on my June list, including The Moonflower Vine by Jetta Carleton and The Seamstress by Frances de Pontes Peebles

I found lots of challenge groups here on Goodreads and read 9,091 pages in May. I'm pretty proud of that one :)

message 5: by Jacey (new)

Jacey | 23 comments I'm so far behind on both my books for this group! I got on a kick with my outside reads and haven't gotten in my group reads. I've enjoyed the list and reading books I would not usually read on my own, so I hope I will get back on track within the next month or two!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 18 comments I'm currently reading Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen.

Read:
The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen
The Return of Rafe McKade

Tried audio: Girl Missing by Tess Gerritsen

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 18 comments I'm still making my way through the Tess Gerritsen stack (on my last one-for now) Silent Girl. I'm also reading Jodi Picoult The Storyteller

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 18 comments Jacey wrote: "I'm so far behind on both my books for this group! I got on a kick with my outside reads and haven't gotten in my group reads. I've enjoyed the list and reading books I would not usually read on ..."

Same here!!

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin | 104 comments Mod
I like Tess Gerritsen myself. It is one of the few books series they made into a TV series that I like as well as the book.

I count myself lucky if I read half of what I set aside on my shelf for the month LOL

message 10: by Jacey (new)

Jacey | 23 comments I'm glad to see that you guys like Tess Gerritsen. I like the show, but I couldn't decide if I wanted to try the books or not. I guess my TBR list just got longer!

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 18 comments Well, I recently started watching Castle...and then discovered Richard Castle books. I haven't read it yet, but I love the show--and hope the book is just as good.

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 18 comments Jacey wrote: "I'm glad to see that you guys like Tess Gerritsen. I like the show, but I couldn't decide if I wanted to try the books or not. I guess my TBR list just got longer!"

I've read maybe 5 of her books so far. I am a big fan of the show and love her books.

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 18 comments I picked up Janet Evanovich's Top Secret 21 today! Can't wait to finish it.

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin | 104 comments Mod
I love her! I cannot read them in public, though, I laugh so much I snort LOL

message 15: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Reading The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates for my f2f book club meeting next month. Really enjoying.

message 16: by Erin (new)

Erin | 104 comments Mod
Just finished Black Wings by Christina Henry. This is the first in the series of the same name. I really enjoyed it, and have lined up the second book for later this year.

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 18 comments Richard Castle Frozen Heat

message 18: by Jade (new)

How are the Castle books? I love the show, but haven't ever picked one of the books up.