Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading June 13?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2052 comments Mod
This week I'm starting with Test Drive by Riley Hart.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 992 comments I'm reading Sabrina Jeffries The Art of Sinning, the story of Yvette. To be followed by her brother Edwin in The Study of Seduction.

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1229 comments I just finished and loved Ricochet. Now I'm catching up on some ARC's due soon.

Only You by Denise Grover Swank, Fearless In Love by Bella Andre and Jennifer Skully and Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis.

Aly is so frigging bored | 851 comments Mod
LOL Stacey! I'm starting Sweet Little Lies as well. I'll also read the new Nalini Singh, Allegiance of Honor. After these, I don't know...

message 5: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1137 comments I'm still on Marrying Winterbourne! Work has been getting in the way and then week end activities as well haha

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1229 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I'm still on Marrying Winterbourne! Work has been getting in the way and then week end activities as well haha"

I've got M. W. sitting on my kindle waiting very patiently for me. Hopefully, by next weekend I should be caught up and I'll have time :-) ♥

Aly is so frigging bored wrote: "LOL Stacey! I'm starting Sweet Little Lies as well. I'll also read the new Nalini Singh, Allegiance of Honor. After these, I don't know..."

Aly, the way I'm going you'll probably finish it before me. Just when you think you're on top... ;-) ♥

message 7: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1886 comments Mod
I read and loved Best of My Love by Susan Mallery over the weekend. Fun friends to lovers premise and the heroine was the one who caused the black moment for a change (Mallery has had some doozies with heroes acting crazy just before the end of the book). I can't believe it's the last Fool's Gold book. But if I were Mallery I'd be ready for a change. I suspect that her new series will be in Happiness, Inc. where the hero from this book's three brothers have all moved.

After that, I started the newest Balogh, which I'm enjoying. Also a series ender, come to think of it. :(

message 8: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (cvenable16) | 136 comments I'm getting caught up on the JD Robb series I got behind and several have come out since I last read it. Anyone else read this series?

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I'm at a thorough standstill I've been working so much I haven't really had a chance to read anything let alone get attached to a book

message 10: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments Just finished Julie Anne Long's HOT IN HELLCAT CANYON and I loved it.

Searching for my next book now... not really sure what I'm in the mood for. I have BEST OF MY LOVE on my Kindle, Manda. Maybe I'll jump into that one. Susan Mallery is always a hit or miss for me.

Cheri wrote: "I'm getting caught up on the JD Robb series I got behind and several have come out since I last read it. Anyone else read this series?"

I'm re-reading it :D

message 12: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1137 comments Cheri wrote: "I'm getting caught up on the JD Robb series I got behind and several have come out since I last read it. Anyone else read this series?"

I've only read 1 and 2! I need to read the rest!

Leigh-Ayn wrote: I've only read 1 and 2! I need to read the rest!"

You have some catching up to do :)) You should try the audiobooks, the narrator lady is AMAZING

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Mcgrath | 12 comments Manda wrote: "I read and loved Best of My Love by Susan Mallery over the weekend. Fun friends to lovers premise and the heroine was the one who caused the black moment for a change (Mallery has h..."

Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I'm still on Marrying Winterbourne! Work has been getting in the way and then week end activities as well haha"

I've got M. W. sitting on my kindle waiting very patiently for me...."

Last fools gold! but what will Mayor Marsha do with all her spare time. and how will we keep track of what is happening with all are friends. it's bad enough i haven't been to Virgin River in years and now you tell me no more fools gold. well i guess I'm off in search of a new town.

message 15: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1886 comments Mod
Lol, Michelle, i don't think there's any shortage! Its just deciding on one...there are SO many small town romances!

But, I'm going to miss Fools Gold too. But if she does end up spinning off to Happiness Inc. (Another small town that's a wedding destination) there should be plenty of crossover.

message 16: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (cvenable16) | 136 comments Aly is so frigging bored wrote: "Leigh-Ayn wrote: I've only read 1 and 2! I need to read the rest!"

You have some catching up to do :)) You should try the audiobooks, the narrator lady is AMAZING"

I rarely do the audio books. It's just different to me, if I'm on a long car ride I would. :) I'm #36 right now, I didn't realize there were so many. I think I've found the earlier books are better. Roarke seems to be in them less and less :(

I'm rereading 28... I really didn't observe that. It might be because I keep listening to the old ones and the new ones when one gets out:D

message 18: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1137 comments Oooh I've just discovered audio books and have listened to two Kerry Greenwood books. Her character Phrynne Fisher is awesome! Hardly any romance but the murder mystery is great!

message 19: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Oooh I've just discovered audio books and have listened to two Kerry Greenwood books. Her character Phrynne Fisher is awesome! Hardly any romance but the murder mystery is great!"

Have you read Jacqueline Winspear's Maisie Dobbs series or C. S. Harris's Sebastian St. Cyr? They are my favorite historical mystery series.

message 20: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
Speaking of the end of series, I loved Anne Gracie's final Chance Sisters book. I wasn't sure how she was going to handle Daisy's story, but she gives her the perfect hero in Flynn. And in a typically Gracie fashion, she moved me to laughter and to tears.

I'm hoping to find time today to read Roxanne St. Clair's Barefoot at Sunset, the first of her Barefoot Bay Timeless sub-series with heroes over 40.

message 21: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikanne) | 222 comments Michelle wrote: "Manda wrote: "I read and loved Best of My Love by Susan Mallery over the weekend. Fun friends to lovers premise and the heroine was the one who caused the black moment for a change ..."

I just read the entire Virgin River series this year and loved it and miss it! I am in the middle of the Thunder Point series and like it but it just doesn't have as much charisma as Virgin River.

While I'm on hold for my next Thunder Point novel I am reading some of the free ebooks I've gotten from amazon. I'm currently reading Once Upon a Rake by Samantha Holt.

message 22: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1137 comments Janga wrote: "Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Oooh I've just discovered audio books and have listened to two Kerry Greenwood books. Her character Phrynne Fisher is awesome! Hardly any romance but the murder mystery is great!"..."

ooh no Janga I haven't! going to look them up now!!!

message 23: by Elena (new)

Elena | 29 comments I've been reading mostly Ilona Andrews. Love their world building and both the heroine and heroe. Finished reading Magic Slays, awesome! Kate is learning what it means to be the Consort. Also read Gunmetal Magic Andrea's and Raphael's story, again a fun read and now I'm reading Magic Rises and this time they are in Europe looking to get some panacea, a drug to avoid young shapshifters to go loup (if they do, parents have to kill them and you can imagine how that goes) First chapter of the book made me cried. Two sisters going loup and the poor mother going crazy with grief. As much as I love the series I am starting to question a little Kate's claim to be her own person and needing to make some money when her PI business exists because Curran bought it for her, she lives in the Keep in luxury, has 1,500 Pack members at her service, is the daughter of a god (granted, he wants to kill her) and she has really powerful magic powers. She can certainly take care of herself and is not afraid to face all sorts of dangers but for her to complain about her life right now? I always find in romance the supposedly strong heroine give in at the end, be it heroe paying her debts, getting her to sleep with him, etc. Any way, I'm enjoying the series, that is the truth.

Ilona Andrews is amazing! I'm re-reading the series for the 4th time :D

message 25: by Elena (new)

Elena | 29 comments Aly is so frigging bored wrote: "Ilona Andrews is amazing! I'm re-reading the series for the 4th time :D"

I'm afraid to finish the series but can't stop myself, I need to know what's going to happen when Kate faces her father. I think Magic Rises is the one book that took my breath away. So good!

message 26: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1137 comments Love love love Kate Daniels! I've re-read them a few times too! I also like the Hidden Legacy series but there's only one book and the second one keeps getting moved further and further away!!!
Ooh have you guys read Curren's POV?? So cool!
I can't get into her Edge series though!!

message 27: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments I read MARRYING WINTERBORNE this weekend and gave it 4 stars. I especially like the heroine who finds her assertive self, and I recommend it if you are looking for a good historical romance.

Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Love love love Kate Daniels! I've re-read them a few times too! I also like the Hidden Legacy series but there's only one book and the second one keeps getting moved further and further away!!!
Ooh..."

Book 2 and 3 will come in 2017, a few months apart. They're also reissuing book 1 :) with a different cover, thank the gods.

message 29: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments Cheri wrote: "I'm getting caught up on the JD Robb series I got behind and several have come out since I last read it. Anyone else read this series?"

There's a J.D. Robb group here on goodreads, Cheri. There's part of the group that started (re-) reading them in January, one a month. There are others who comment on other threads on the site. It's a great group, too.

message 30: by Leigh-Ayn (last edited Jun 25, 2016 05:45PM) (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1137 comments Aly!! That book 2 cover is a hot mess!!! So I hope the fix that!!!

Ooh Charlene thanks! Might go look that group up! Although this is by far the best group lol and the only one I actually chat in!!

Love you ladies!!

I didn't like the cover for book 1 either :D I so hope they'll do better this time :)

message 32: by screechin (new)

screechin raven | 36 comments Okay, I am looking for the next great book or author to fall in love with. Sadly, none have come to scratch since Anya Wilde. I am looking for romance and humor or at least something of a comfort read.
I am confused whom should I try first J. D Robb, Kate Daniels, or Ilona Andrews?
I liked IAD but couldn't love BDB,

message 33: by Dee (new)

Dee | 9 comments Lynsay Sands and Sandra Hill both write fantastic reads with a wonderful sense of humor throughout. (Especially Sandra Hill.)

message 34: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1137 comments screechin wrote: "Okay, I am looking for the next great book or author to fall in love with. Sadly, none have come to scratch since Anya Wilde. I am looking for romance and humor or at least something of a comfort r..."

JD Robb are murder mystery set in the future with some romantic elements :) I enjoyed these books.

Ilona Andrews writes the Kate Daniels books which is urban fantasy and in my opinion the best urban fantasy series out there.
Kate is a private investigator so there is mystery, murder, theft etc with an awesome romance that is a slow burn.

Comfort reads...Gemma Halliday's HIGH HEELS series is good fun. Heroine is a kids shoe designer that just seems to find trouble.

The puzzler from last week: At the Bride Hunt Ball had me giggling throughout!! so that is a good read too!

message 35: by screechin (new)

screechin raven | 36 comments Dee wrote: "Lynsay Sands and Sandra Hill both write fantastic reads with a wonderful sense of humor throughout. (Especially Sandra Hill.)"

Dee i will definitely try Sandra Hill. Lynsay Sands been there done that.

message 36: by screechin (last edited Jul 01, 2016 10:01AM) (new)

screechin raven | 36 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "screechin wrote: "Okay, I am looking for the next great book or author to fall in love with. Sadly, none have come to scratch since Anya Wilde. I am looking for romance and humor or at least someth..."

I have finished Bride Hunt Ball and enjoyed it a lot !
High Heels sound promising and after that I will try Kate Daniels, she sounds a lot like Darynda Jones' Charley Davidson to me though (which is a pro because I love Charley Davidson).
Thank you for the awesome suggestions!