Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Memory Book
This topic is about The Memory Book
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Memory Book by Lara Avery → Start Date: July 16th, 2016

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Vicki and I!
Join us if you can

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments This one looks really good.

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I agree! I think we're going to like it!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YAY! I love it when we both like a book, so keeping fingers crossed!

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Hmm....I'm not sure I'm going to have this one in time.

I leave for vacation this weekend (sat morning) and the library still shows this book "on order"

I'll start it as soon as I get back (assuming they will have "processed" it by then and sent it to me....)

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments or are you okay changing the date, by chance??

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sure. When were you thinking?

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments is 7/12 okay?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That's the first day of our cousins camp and I'll be driving about 6 hours and then visit with family. I'll try reading some but may not be able to read much that day.

message 10: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments how's 7/16?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yeah, I think that would be better.

Katie | 2012 comments I think I'll jump into this one late.

message 13: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments ugh, I will definitely be starting late
My library says it's processing the book but they haven't sent it to me yet :(

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Lol Trisha, I think your library in OR was nor accommodating, right?

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments YES! My oregon library was wonderful
this one....meh. they do good but with a few books.....they just drag their feet.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm sure you miss your OR library.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I haven't started yet. How about you?

Katie | 2012 comments I just picked this up from the library yesterday, so I'll probably start it fairly soon (once I get through several other books).

message 19: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments My copy just arrived at the library too!
I'll probably start this weekend - after camp is over! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'll start on Saturday after we are back from beautiful Oregon! Ugh...then back to work BUT I am definitely retiring at the end of this year!! Woo hoo!! Then I will have time to read!!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments LOL I lied...I'm starting today. Hahaha! Going to the Tillamook Factory and for a scenic drive today so not sure how much reading I'll get done if I end up having to drive.

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments ugh....so this one doesn't have chapter numbers (ooooh, how I hate that)

so I plan to post about every 100 pages (I'll post the last chapter I finished and the one I stopped before starting)

I hope that sounds good!
I'm starting now

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I thought we were starting Saturday but I'll try getting some read tonight.

How's it so far?

message 24: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I haven't made it very far. hmmm....were we starting Saturday? I didn't see anything on this post and, from my "OMG I'm behind" buddy read list, this was my next one to start :)

but no worries, start whenever. I just finished the last book and grabbed this one next. I'm not sure how far I'll get tonight
hopefully far enough for one update :)

I DO have a bunch I'm pushing to Saturday...but I hadn't planned on this one being one

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No worries!! You know me. Lol I'm the one who had said I'd start Saturday.

Happy reading!

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments okay, I'm a little over 100 pages (100 pages was at two chapters that had swear words in them so I went a little farther)

Chapter I just finished: Truth Bombs
and I stopped before starting: Quasimodo returns to the bell tower

Coop(view spoiler)

Stu(view spoiler)

Maddie(view spoiler)

Sammie(view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks! Don't you just hate no chapter numbers? Lol

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I was able to read 40 pages but it's almost 1:00 AM and I'm meeting my 3 Oregonian grandchildren for breakfast at 8:30 and then driving home so I need to get to bed.

Niemann-Pick (view spoiler)

Sammie(view spoiler)

message 29: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I hope you have fun today!
I'm off to Savannah, GA to go get my oldest from 2 weeks at an art college. :) I'll post more tonight after I see an art showing from my oldest and get back to the hotel :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Awesome!! Drive carefully and send me pics of her artwork if possible! Enjoy!!! :)

message 31: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments okay, done with the next 100

Finished chapter: I didn't Die
and stopped at chapter: What Happened

wow(view spoiler)

little white(view spoiler)

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments and I'm done

what(view spoiler)

Stuart(view spoiler)

Coop(view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments What's your rating?

message 34: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oh man, it was good - 4 stars!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I forgot to post here but I finished and I loved this book as well! It was informative and I loved how the author dealt with her illness. If you get a chance, read my review for it and that says it all for me.

message 36: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments so glad you liked this one too, Vicki!

Katie | 2012 comments I'm also done this one and I've really liked it so far. It is sad, yet very good.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm glad you liked it too, Katie! It's a really good book and so well-written.

Katie | 2012 comments Whoops just realized I accidentally wrote also done instead of almost done. I'm not done yet, but I'm sure I'm going to love it too at the end, since I love it so far.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Lol no worries.