MyNextList (former FictFact) Users discussion

Printing a Read Next list

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teri Pre (new)

Teri Pre | 89 comments I'll be on vacation for two weeks, and a lot of it will be spent on planes and trains. I'm bringing my Kindle and my MP3 player (no, I don't have a smart phone). I want to be able to know what books are next up in my series. Is there a way I can print out the lists without the book pictures?

message 2: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Bennett (1shirlb) | 45 comments Cut & paste??

message 3: by Teri Pre (new)

Teri Pre | 89 comments Groan!! I have 10 audio and 10 book series that I'm following. That's a lot of cutting and pasting! :) If all else fails, I'll try it!

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine I use another site for printing lists of author books, (it only does the titles). It is: https://www.fantasticfiction.com It might save you from copying and pasting all day :)

message 5: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Bennett (1shirlb) | 45 comments Perfect answer Christine!! Fantastic Fiction is a great website! Easier to print from or even just take notes!!

message 6: by Teri Pre (new)

Teri Pre | 89 comments Wow! Thanks Christine!! That's a site I've never see before. There's going to be some deleting of pics or specific copy/paste but I think it'll go pretty fast!

I'd hand-write but my writing is so bad even I can't read it! :D

message 7: by Angie (new)

Angie (evilangel109) | 1 comments You can also go to fiction db also. I print out all my book list from this site and have them in a binder.

message 8: by Teri Pre (new)

Teri Pre | 89 comments I took a look at it and I don't know...I really hate registering at so many sites. I'll think about it. Thanks for the idea though. It does look pretty easy to print out lists.

message 9: by Ingo (last edited Jun 14, 2016 11:17AM) (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 16 comments You are already on the perfect site for that: Goodreads.
Do an export as CSV and import in the program or spreadsheet of your choice (OpenOffice Calc, Excel or some SQL-DB).
Just checked, as Goodreads tents to move things around I had to look in the help section.
The import/export is under your shelfs and then there is a a single Export Button on the far right, you have to use a webbrowser, and I have to scroll far right, but that maybe my setup.
In the spreadsheet stripp the columns not needed, format as you wish and print (does anyone really print this short lived stuff) or produce a PDF or a simple text-file, I use a PDF and copy it to my Kindle.

If you have trouble and the help from Goodreads is not enough, ask here, someone (even myself) might be able to explain.

message 10: by Teri Pre (new)

Teri Pre | 89 comments You are speaking English, aren't you? LOL!

The thing is, I don't want to export my whole list. I use GR to keep track of where my books are...which Kindle, which MP3 player, as well as books I've read.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

message 11: by Teri Pre (new)

Teri Pre | 89 comments OH!!! Ingo! I just saw you mention having a PDF sent to my Kindle! Wonderful idea! Less chance of losing my list that way! Thanks!

message 12: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 16 comments Öh, "You are speaking English", well, yes, no, dunno, more or less?! Not being native, English is my second language.
Reading and hearing, yes, sure, speaking not very often, living in a non-english speaking country.

And I am not even that good in German (my first language), also grammar is not my thing and I think fast during writing. Sometimes these two things collide.

But as a former IT Helpdesk Slave, I may be able to help.

message 13: by Teri Pre (new)

Teri Pre | 89 comments It wasn't the grammar, it was the tech speak! :)

message 14: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 16 comments Yes, I get that often from family members, I am used to it, sometimes I try to tone it down, but with this it was not possible for me, lol. Thanks for encouragement.