Shelfarians discussion

Navigating Goodreads > Adding a Book to Your Comment

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 286 comments On the top right of the comment box is "add book/author." If you'd like to talk about a book or author in your message, click on that section and search for your book. Once it's presented, you have the option of providing a link or the book cover. It defaults to "link" and if you want the cover, change the option at the bottom of the search box. Once you've decided, select "add" and the info will appear in your post.

If you want to include the author, select the author tab (the add book/author feature defaults to the book tab), after you've searched for the book. The corresponding author will already be displayed. Select "add" and the author's name will appear (it's hyperlinked to her/his Goodreads author page).

I generally include both. Here's an example of my typical post:

I'm reading Blood Magick by Nora Roberts.
Blood Magick (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts

One of the reasons to use these links is you can go to the book's page and see where it's being discussed in various groups. It's a great way to find groups you may be interested in joining and is a tool for authors to track when their books are being referenced.

message 2: by Romari (new)

Romari | 1 comments Thx

message 3: by Jerry-Book (new)

Jerry-Book | 25 comments Jonetta wrote: "On the top right of the comment box is "add book/author." If you'd like to talk about a book or author in your message, click on that section and search for your book. Once it's presented, you have..."

Thanks also.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Blood Magick (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nora Roberts (other topics)