Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Editing a book you added

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alcare91 (new)

Alcare91 | 47 comments I added two days ago an edition of a book that was not previously on Goodreads. I could edit a change after I added it the same day. Today I can no longer edit the book because I am not a Librarian.

An hour ago I added two more books not previously on goodreads. I can still edit them.

If I am not a Librarian how long do I have to make changes or add details to a book I add myself, before they take those rights?

message 2: by Alcare91 (new)

Alcare91 | 47 comments Hi does anyone has an answer? Please.

message 3: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments I don't know, but it isn't very long; perhaps a couple of hours. If you need edits made, please post and a librarian will help.

message 4: by Alcare91 (new)

Alcare91 | 47 comments Thank you, somebody already made that change, I just wanted to know if there was a set amount of time.

The first time I thought I could create the book and add some of the details later, but from now on I'll just add all the information upon creating it. Thank you!

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23782 comments I've never heard of that at all, so no clue how long you have.

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1764 comments I believe you have 24 hours to make changes to a book you add to the DB if you're not a librarian.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Melanie wrote: "I believe you have 24 hours to make changes to a book you add to the DB if you're not a librarian."

Correct.