Dianne Duvall's Immortal Guardians discussion

Night Unbound (Immortal Guardians, #5)
This topic is about Night Unbound
Immortal Couples > Lisette and Zach

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Angeli  | 87 comments Mod
Hypothetically if they had children, would their children be infected?

message 2: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Duvall (dianne_duvall) | 31 comments There's a scene in which Seth joins Zach and Lisette for a meal in Night Unbound, and this subject comes up. They really don't know with certainty, but think it's possible that any baby those two would have together could be infected.

Right I remember that scene, I just wish we could know for certain.I guess they wouldn't risk it either way though.

message 4: by Eva (new)

Eva (evlim) | 20 comments Mod
What would it mean though if the baby would potentially be infected? With elder blood and gifted blood, wouldn't that automatically make the baby an IG? I guess the question becomes, would the baby be able to grow to adulthood or remain a baby? I think this was discussed/debated when Ami conceived.

But if the combined genes could create an embryo that grows to a fetus that grows to a full term baby - doesn't that indicate that the elder/gifted genes are smart enough to adjust for growth and development? Otherwise, Lisette wouldn't even be able to conceive because all the genes coming together would null/void each other. Interesting discussion question. Love to know more.

I guess I could hope or dream that a cure for Cliff could possibly find a solution to the children? I mean if the virus can be removed from Cliff? Then you should be able to do the same thing with a child?

Should the child even be infected...the child may not.

message 7: by Eva (new)

I am not looking forward to Cliff breaking. I'm totally cheering for him winning the sanity battle! Oh, maybe Adira or Ami's alien blood could combat the virus in him, being that it kept the virus from infecting Adira!

Oh wow! Never even thought of that, good perspective. Maybe it would ( the knowledge) happen by accident like Adira accidentally biting Cliff? Pretty far fetched, I mean most likely Melanie would come to the conclusion, but you never know. Adira sensing the sickness or virus in Cliff and healing him?

message 9: by Eva (new)

Does Adira have the ability to heal? Is that one of her gifts as well?

It never mentioned it no, but if her genetic makeup allows her to not become infected and Cliff were to lose blood or receive blood and or be bit by Adira...just thought maybe it could confuse his DNA enough to allow for him to be treated as a gifted one. So that the virus would enhance without destroying.