Reading 1001 discussion

The Warning Voice (The Story of the Stone, #3)
This topic is about The Warning Voice
Archives > Somthing Completely Different

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new) - added it

John Seymour Rather than my straining my meager imagination to come up with some variation of the same standard questions, I thought we could come up with something different this time around. To get the participation point for this volume, you need to add one or more topics with your own question and or reflection. (You should, of course, also participate in everyone else's discussion threads.)

How:
1) Come up with a question, perhaps something that struck you during your reading as something that would be interesting for the group to discuss. Or something you wondered about that you would like the group to respond to.

1b) In the alternative, share a passage or scene (tell us what chapter it's in) that struck you as profound, funny, touching, or otherwise interesting and then tell us why.

2) Create your topic - include your name in the topic description: e.g., "John's Question"

3) Add your question/comment in the comment box.

4) Come back to check for new questions that you haven't participated in yet.

message 2: by John (new) - added it

John Seymour What do y'all think about this approach to discussion?

Book Wormy | 1822 comments Mod
I like :)

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Fennell | 107 comments I think this is a fabulous idea and should be repeated for the next section!

message 5: by John (new) - added it

John Seymour Anna wrote: "I think this is a fabulous idea and should be repeated for the next section!"

Too late. :-) But we can do it for the Final.

message 6: by Dianne (new)

Dianne | 159 comments I like it, my one reservation about this group is that it isn't really that interactive, and this is a good way to accomplish that.

message 7: by John (new) - added it

John Seymour Dianne wrote: "I like it, my one reservation about this group is that it isn't really that interactive, and this is a good way to accomplish that."

We used to be. We lost some old members when we migrated over from Shelfari - and I for one burned myself out last year with a challenge that was way more work than I anticipated - but was a blast nonetheless.