Firequill Book Club discussion

Bloggers > Blogger/Blogspot vs Wordpress

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments I love blogspot. I've got two blogs one with wordpress which is http://woodsadrienne.wordpress.com and I open one for my series with blogspot which is http://thedragonianseries.blogspot.com. I will change it to a domain later this year. You can do a lot more with blogspot, widget wise.

message 2: by Marc (new)

Marc Secchia (marcsecchia) | 14 comments Ever tried to put a Facebook 'Like' button on Blogger? Seems pretty tough ...

message 3: by Fiza (new)

Fiza I had made a blog with both before I decided. And I found that Wordpress was easier to use, looked better and had more options. In my opinion :)

message 4: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Marc wrote: "Ever tried to put a Facebook 'Like' button on Blogger? Seems pretty tough ..."

On which one Marc. The blogspot. I think there are wigets for it.
I'm doing a website now on weebly, even more easier. Hahahahaha.

message 5: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Adrienne wrote: "Fiza wrote: "I had made a blog with both before I decided. And I found that Wordpress was easier to use, looked better and had more options. In my opinion :)"

Really I struggled with some of the widgets on Wordpress. They don't allow you to do HTML posts and some widgets like rafflecopter only shows up with links, no picture. Maybe I'm just uneducated with all of these things on wordpress, hahahaha

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott Boyer (rscottboyer) | 10 comments Hi guys. I have a Wordpress site and find it super easy to use now that I've been doing it for a while. Adrienne, you should be able to do html posts fairly simply. When you add a new post, it defaults to 'Visual' on the field to input your content. However, if you can click on the 'Text' tab right next to it, you can put in html code. That way, you can put widgets and other coding into your content :)

Hope that helps.

message 7: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
R. wrote: "Hi guys. I have a Wordpress site and find it super easy to use now that I've been doing it for a while. Adrienne, you should be able to do html posts fairly simply. When you add a new post, it defa..."

Thanks for the advice R, I've been struggling with that myself when I had a wordpress account. It's nice to know and I'm sure there are other wordpress bloggers that learn a thing or two. I've got to say, I am on weebly now, it's awesome. So easy and there is so many things you can do on it.