Creative Writing discussion

original critiques > gee | we

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Keely's been asking the question her whole life: "Who am I?" She honestly doesn't know the answer, and is so confused by what others tell her she should be. Her twin brother doesn't seem to have the same problems, he's smart, funny, popular, while she's left in the crowd.

Nyx hates her life. Her mom is, in all seriousness, a self-centered jerk. And she doesn't know her dad well enough to feel comfortable around him. In order to find herself, she lets go of it all.

Forrest has a constant anger simmering beneath the surface. He doesn't know where it comes from, just that it's there, always there, and he can't get rid of it.

Rosey has it good. Her family is well-off, she has loving parents. So why does she feel like she's pretending to be something she's not? She doesn't understand the feelings inside her.

Jenna is regarded as shy. She doesn't say much, and has a hard time saying what she wants to. In an attempt to find her voice, she goes to a place she can never return from... Not without help.

Warnings: suicide attempts and self-harm, emotional abuse and neglect of children, violence, homophobia (internalized and external), drug addiction.

message 2: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Since the actual first chapter is too long for a comment and I can't split it into sections as those are too long too, I'm directing you to where I posted it on writer's cafe. Please comment here, though, not on that site!
http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Em...

message 3: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 25 comments Maybe put the warning first?

message 4: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) What do you mean?

message 5: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 25 comments Your warnings; maybe have the "warnings" part bolded and at the start of your first post rather than the end.

message 6: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Well, the warnings don't have much of a bearing on the summary. They're more of a note, really, and don't come in with what I have written yet.

message 7: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Thanks! And that's okay, I don't check there often enough for it to matter. Commenting here is fine! Yeah, each chapter title is a song and the page breaks are lyrics from the song.