Creative Writing discussion

brainstorming > gee | brainstorms

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ema (last edited Jun 12, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) THE AUTHOR:
Hello! I'm Gee, but it's totally all right if you call my Fiera too. I'm nineteen years old, and I am currently attending college, studying English with a concentration in creative writing. I'm American, as you can probably tell. While I'm feminine in appearance, I don't identify as a girl; I am nonbinary and would LOVE it if you use they/them pronouns for me.
I've been writing since I was thirteen, and I've improved a lot since then. For me, it's quality of the work over the style of the brainstorm, which is why my thread doesn't look as nice as everyone else's (not saying that y'all don't value quality, just saying that I don't care for appearances). I have 8 novels, one short story collection, one novella, and three fanfictions on my list right now. I cannot promise frequent writing on any but the fanfictions, as it all really depends on when I have time and desire to write. My goal is to have my current fanfiction (referenced here as Sad Fic and in the critique thread as (without you) how i disappear) finished by next Saturday. At that time I will be looking for a beta. I already have one lined up through tumblr, but another would be so helpful.
If you have any questions about me or any of my works, feel free to ask! I love to talk. As you can see.

THE WORKS:
Sad Fic + prequel Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (fanfiction)
The Way He Looks at Her (fanfiction)
Look What the World Has Made of Us (possible series - Unspoken?)
We
Prophecy of Six
Wild Roses
Draken
Evangeline
Kinetic
Moonsong (the Whitecrest Chronicles)
Untitled
Frost Tales (short story collection)

HOW THIS WILL FUNCTION:

One-four comments per work.
Include: characters, setting, links, research, important plot points.
Open for suggestions/questions/anything from other group members below

message 2: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) WORK: Sad Fic + sequel

reserved for now

message 3: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) WORK: The Way He Looks at Her
GENRE: fanfiction
STYLE: oneshot
FANDOM: My Chemical Romance

message 4: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for the way he looks at her

message 5: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Reserved for the way he looks at her

message 6: by Ema (last edited Jun 11, 2016 06:47PM) (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) WORK: Look What the World Has Made of Us
GENRE: Romance/apocalypse
FORMAT: Novella

SUMMARY: Gerard doesn't talk. Most just think he's weird, and tease him for it, but that just makes it all so much worse. See, Gerard has selective mutism. He can't bring himself to talk, unless it’s to his parents, or his little sister Thalia. He just can't change it. No matter how much he wants to. Os he writes. It’s the only way to get his voice out. Pietro is the opposite. Loud, abrasive, and a little annoying, most are tired of Pietro after the first meeting. He doesn't care much, he's never cared what others think. But when he meets Gerard through Thalia, he finds himself caring a lot more than he's used to. Story will either take a definite turn (I'm thinking apocalypse) about halfway/2/3 of the way through, or will be a novella with a sequel or two.

CHARACTERS:
Gerard Donovan; selectively mute, writer, anxious.
Pietro Bassi; loud, obnoxious. Meets Gerard through his sister.
Thalia Donovan; Gerard's little sister, two years younger. Sporty, friendly.
Raya James; Thalia's best friend, latina. Sweet, kind.
Ben Lake; another friend of Thalia's. Bouncy, friendly.

message 7: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for look what the world has made of us

message 8: by Ema (new)

message 9: by Ema (new)

message 10: by Ema (last edited Jun 11, 2016 06:56PM) (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) WORK: We
GENRE: Christian Realistic Fiction
FORMAT: Novel

SUMMARY: Keely's been asking the question her whole life: "Who am I?" She honestly doesn't know the answer, and is so confused by what others tell her she should be. Her twin brother doesn't seem to have the same problems, he's smart, funny, popular, while she's left in the crowd.

Nyx hates her life. Her mom is, in all seriousness, a self-centered jerk. And she doesn't know her dad well enough to feel comfortable around him. In order to find herself, she lets go of it all.

Forrest has a constant anger simmering beneath the surface. He doesn't know where it comes from, just that it's there, always there, and he can't get rid of it.

Rosey has it good. Her family is well-off, she has loving parents. So why does she feel like she's pretending to be something she's not? She doesn't understand the feelings inside her.

Jenna is regarded as shy. She doesn't say much, and has a hard time saying what she wants to. In an attempt to find her voice, she goes to a place she can never return from... Not without help.

WARNINGS: Suicide attempts, drug addiction, death, emotional abuse, homophobia (internalized and otherwise), violence.

CHARACTERS:
Keely Lyons-Moore; shy girl, looses both her parents at a young age. Raised by a friend of her mother's.
Felix Lyons-Moore; Keely's twin brother. Bright, open, funny. Writer.
Jenna Horowitz; shyer than shy, talks to nearly no one. The suffer in silence type.
Nyx Martland; the emo kid. Her mother gained custody of her when she was a kid; but her mom is a manipulative jerk. She hardly knows her father.
Forrest Jameson; the angry boy. His mother died when he was born, he's never met his father. Raised by his uncle.
Rosey Curtis; the gay one. Raised with her parents and little sister, friendly and nice, but really really gay.
Mo Curtis; Rosey's little sister.

message 11: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Reserved for we

message 12: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for we

message 13: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for we

message 14: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) WORK: Prophecy of Six
GENRE: Fantasy

message 15: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for prophecy of six

message 16: by Ema (new)

message 17: by Ema (new)

message 18: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) WORK: Wild Roses
GENRE: The only way to describe it is steampunk mutants

message 19: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for wild roses

message 20: by Ema (new)

message 21: by Ema (new)

message 22: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) WORK: Draken
GENRE: Fantasy

SUMMARY: the Draken are people who posses a particular gene that allows them to turn into dragons at will. Heather, a teenage girl living in rural Scotland, is one of these people. Everyone knows of the Draken, but whether they tolerate them is a different matter. And there is a group rising in prominence that wants all Draken stamped out.... Heather, along with fellow Draken Aqua, Xanthe, and Patryck; mages Kole and Eldred, and changeling Fiera, are stuck as the only ones willing to stand up to them.
**not a modern setting

CHARACTERS:
Heather Cowden; earthbred draken, scottish, 17 years old
Aqua Banes; waterbred draken, welsh, 17 years old
Xanthe Biondi; firebred draken, italian, 18 years old
Patryck Silvano; painbred draken, italian, 18 years old
Kole Oakley; mage, english, 18 years old
Eldred Oakley; mage, english, 20 years old
Fiera Anthanos; changeling, irish, 16 years old

message 23: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for draken

message 24: by Ema (new)

message 25: by Ema (new)

message 26: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) WORK: Evangaline
GENRE: Modern Fantasy

message 27: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for evangaline

message 28: by Ema (new)

message 29: by Ema (new)

message 30: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) WORK: Kinetic
GENRE: Science fiction

message 31: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for kinetic

message 32: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for kinetic

message 33: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) WORK: Moonsong (Book 1 of the Whitecrest Chronicles)
GENRE: Modern fantasy/paranormal
FORMAT: Novel, part of a series

SERIES TITLES:
Moonsong
Floramaid
Devlyn
Fallen
Flight

MOONSONG SUMMARY:
Ayva was abandoned on the front step of an old woman at just a few weeks old, nothing but her first name — pronounced ay-ee-vah — to identify her. The old woman, Mrs. Livingston, took Ayva in. As Ayva grew up, so did the orphanage Mrs. Livingston had started up after taking in Ayva. Also developing as Ayva grew were her...werewolf tendencies. Scared of herself because of this, and with no one to tell her it was all right, Ayva hid her power from all but Mrs. Livingston. Mrs. Livingston is dead now, the care of the orphans having been passed on to her daughter Mae and her husband. But something else is brewing — vampires, demons, and other creatures of the night. All hunting for Ayva.

message 34: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for moonsong

message 35: by Ema (new)

message 36: by Ema (new)

message 37: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for whitecrest chronicles

message 38: by Ema (new)

message 39: by Ema (new)

message 40: by Ema (new)

message 41: by Ema (new)

message 42: by Ema (new)

message 43: by Ema (new)

message 44: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) WORK: Untitled so far
GENRE: Post-apocalyptic/dystopian

SUMMARY: Criminal. That's what Zee Callahan has been branded, at sixteen years old. She can't help it. She's kleptomaniac, at least that's what her uncle says. But the law doesn't care about all that. So off Zee was shipped, to the Winifred State Prison — an isolated all-girl's prison located in the ruins of California, through what was the Great Plains and is now an untamed jungle. Only the bus, containing twenty underage criminals, never makes it out of the jungle.
Jubilee Cantor is called insane. As the daughter of the President, this is no good. She doesn't belong here. Not on this bus. Not going there. No.
Hazel and Reba are criminals. They know that. And they don't care, not really, as long as they get to stay together. Together, or not at all.

message 45: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for untitled

message 46: by Ema (new)

message 47: by Ema (new)

message 48: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) WORK: Frost Tales
GENRE: Varies, typically fantasy
FORMAT: Short story collection

SUMMARY: Following generations of the Frost family, these short stories each vary in subject matter and theme. All are prompt-based.

message 49: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) reserved for frost tales

message 50: by Ema (new)

Ema (gee-fiera) Contest #1 - album fiction

WHITE NOISE
dealing in ghosts and magic and people caught in time; ten short bursts that may or may not be connected

SMOKE
opener; fairly innocent; 'i think it's time you burned me down'; 'i love the things we do when it's just me and you'; sounds more sexual than it is; maybe these are the people that spark everything after?

ST PATRICK
second; 'you give me something to talk about'; 'not the sh** in my head'; it is in their head, they don't realize it, though

MY HOUSE
third; the entity in their head has escaped; 'it's my house, i think it's time to get out'; 'i feel you in these walls'; they have created something too powerful for their head to contain; now it haunts them

HOLY
fourth; a depart from previous storyline; 'simply calling out sins don't bring you closer to god'; a vengeful ghost (???) praying on hypocrites in a country church (think about this one)

WHITE NOISE
fifth; shamelessly inspired by the music video (which is highly recommended); a young girl trapped in time in an old house; 'i'm watching, i'm waiting'

FIRE
sixth; death by fire; death by burial; two deaths; maybe siblings? lovers?; 'you can't cheat death when you're digging your own grave'; 'you're burning up'

EYELIDS
seventh; girl dreams of her dead lover coming back to watch her at night; 'when i'm dreamin', i fear you leaving'; 'it's hard to say good morning when it's followed with goodbye'

MIRRORS
eighth; 'I said it three times, said it three times'; 'i'll see you at midnight'; girl falls in love with ghost

GHOSTS
ninth; same girl from mirrors; ghost is more tangible?; 'i'll be fine in the daylight'; she becomes less real

LET THEM IN
final; girl from mirrors regrets her decision; connects more than one story