Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 46. SAMWELL V *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 46. SAMWELL V *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by LENA (last edited Jul 16, 2016 05:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Wow... I didn't see that coming...They never showed that in the series. (view spoiler)

message 3: by Ria (last edited Aug 03, 2016 01:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Okay, what?! I don't understand. Is this the real Pate? If so, how and why did they bring him back? The other option (the more likely one) is that this is in fact the person who killed Pate. But if so, is he a servant of the Many-faced God, or is he one of the maesters/novices who has the same ability? Do the Sphinx and the Mage know who he is? If yes, I assume they were the ones who sent him to Pate and asked him to steal the key, but what do they need with the key and if he is a servant of the Many-faced God, what is he still doing with them? If not, it gets even more curious. What does he need from them and again - what's with the key? I assume they know, though. The Mage must have seen it in his candle. My guess is that the Mage sent a servant of the Many-faced god to make Pate steal the key and then kill him. But I thought the only role of the servants were to kill? It doesn't make sense that he would stay with them afterwards. He must be a willing part of their plot. But WHY?! Ugh. I hate not knowing stuff. I mean, I love it, but I hate it... if that makes any sense.

"The Sphinx is the riddle, not the riddler." - I assume this will be needed.

I wonder if Sam is right to trust them...

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments Some how I think, the key is related to dragon glass or dragon candle or some sort of sorcery..

I think the real Pate is dead, they just took his face, the many faced God collects faces so I presume that this might be someone else may be Jaqen but then isn't he with Arya too? The one who keeps asking Who are you? And tell Arya that she is lying when she answers I'm noone..

So in case, if Mage and Sphinx sent for killing Pate, then they need not necessarily be the servants of Many faced God, they must have hired Faceless Men to do the deed, and probably I don't think Mage and Sphinx have got anything to do with Pate, there might be someone else behind this.

message 5: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Vishakha wrote: "Some how I think, the key is related to dragon glass or dragon candle or some sort of sorcery..

I think the real Pate is dead, they just took his face, the many faced God collects faces so I presu..."

Yeah, but if someone else killed Pate (or ordered the killing), what was he doing in the room with the others? I think it's obvious by now that whoever killed Pate was a servant of the Many faced God and stole his face after the murder in order to cover his tracks. If the murder was ordered by the Mage and the Sphinx, then it's obvious what he's doing there. If not, that would mean whoever did the killing had to do something to earn their trust so they can let him in. And it had to be done with Pate's face (identity), but from what we saw the Sphinx thought Pate was stupid, so I doubt he'd trust him with whatever they are doing. So, my bet is, that the Mage and the Sphinx ordered Pate's murder, or whoever ordered it is clever enough to manipulate and fool them. Unless getting them the key was the way to earn their trust... Ugh, this is confusing. I'm getting lost in my own thoughts.

message 6: by S (last edited Aug 28, 2016 08:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments Sam thought something's a bit off with Pate lol of course that's like a cold-blooded killer wearing human mask of his prey.

There's something big going here. First Alleras, who almost everyone suspects was Sarella Sand, who was at the moment "out there doing God knows what" and not joining the plot with the Sandsnakes. Then there's Pate, whom I believe to be a faceless man, even Jaqen, because Pate's description of the guy kinda fit with the Jagen Arya parted with quite a while ago. (personally I don't think Jaqen was the kind man, but we'll see)

Annnnnd I'm so ready to start ADWD! I still have some days left before this group read begin, so I'm gonna read something else as an intermission for now :D

message 7: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments Posting that from my phone...sorry for those terrible typos!! I have big fingers really lol

message 8: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
Siya wrote: "...
Annnnnd I'm so ready to start ADWD! I still have some days left before this griup read begin, so I'm gonna read something else as an intermission for now :D
"

You can go ahead and start if you are that tempted. I have started a few days early in the past due to my schedule. I may even start early too since it is so near. The only problem with starting before the others is that there is a lack of comments from others on which to discuss.

message 9: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Siya wrote: "(personally I don't think Jaqen was the kind man, but we'll see)"
I don't think so, either, though I have no proof.

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments So... I know this ties into the first chapter but not quite sure I understand what just happened.

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) Interesting...I hadn't thought about Jaqen being the person who killed Pate in the prologue. I'll have to give that some more thought.

In the meantime, it seems like everyone is heading towards Daenerys and the dragons.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.