Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 37. CERSEI VIII *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 37. CERSEI VIII *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Are there more dragon's eggs?? That would be awesome!

message 3: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (last edited Jul 15, 2016 06:24PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
I had to look up what Valongar means:

Valonqar is High Valyrian for "little brother". It is the word used by "Maggy", a maegi and fortune teller, in her prophecies to Cersei Lannister and Melara Hetherspoon.

Well I am going out on a limb here with this prediction but I am going to put it out there. I do think Cersei will die in this manner. But I think it will be at the hands (well hand-one real and one gold) of Jaime not Tyrion. Cersei is minutes older than Jaime.

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Leslie (Basesloaded32) wrote: "I had to look up what Valongar means:

Valonqar is High Valyrian for "little brother". It is the word used by "Maggy", a maegi and fortune teller, in her prophecies to Cersei Lannister and Melara H..."

I agree!!! It has to be him!

message 5: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Leslie (Basesloaded32) wrote: "I had to look up what Valongar means:

Valonqar is High Valyrian for "little brother". It is the word used by "Maggy", a maegi and fortune teller, in her prophecies to Cersei Lannister and Melara H..."

Oh, that's a good one! Since Cersei is so certain that it will be Tyrion who kills her, I'm 100% sure that it won't be him. There's another theory according to which "valonqar" actually means "little sibling" and no one ever said it will be Cersei's valonqar, regardless of which translation is more accurate. Based on that, many people think that it will be Arya who kills her. I'm good either way - Jaime or Arya. Technically, I'll be good whoever it is, as long as I get to see her die. I can't stand her.

Also, she thinks that this younger, more beautiful queen will be Margaery, but I think it will either be Daenerys (they do claim she is the most beautiful woman in the world and she is younger than Cersei) or her own daughter. If it is Myrcella, I'd love to see Cersei's face when she realises it.

And one last thing - WTF IS QYBURN DOING TO THOSE PEOPLE?! I want to know! I want to know what he's done and what he's learnt from it. I want to know how he cuts them open and still manages to keep them alive. I have this theory... well, more like a hypothesis, that someone will one day stumble into (or intentionally sneak into) the dungeons where he keeps his "patients" and that is how we will find out what he does to them. I don't think Martin has put Qyburn there just to leave us wondering what he's doing. I'm certain he'll reveal his experiments at some point (or at least I sincerely hope he will). So my hypothesis is that that someone will be Cersei. Perhaps she will get curious as to what he's actually doing or something else will push her to go there. I guess we shall wait and see.

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments The younger queen being Danaerys looks like a good option, Margery is way too obvious. Yeah that Jaime, Tyrion and Arya theory is quite awesome, I'd love to see how that's done!

I know, whats up with Qyburn?

message 7: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments I know this might sound like trolling...but how could she die of Jaime's "hands" now that he has only one??? honest question really . But it's so so obvious that Tyrion was the red herring of this plotline.....so anybody has any other names coming up??

Also, if I were Melara that night, I'd ve damned. That's the worst trip to a fortune teller ever.

message 8: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
I think Jamie is going to learn to fight with the other hand and be just as good a swordsman as he was before.

message 9: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Roseanne wrote: "I think Jamie is going to learn to fight with the other hand and be just as good a swordsman as he was before."
Hopefully, but it's going to take a long time... And to be honest, I'm not so sure. It takes years to become a good swordsman and that's when you're still young. Jaime is getting older and older and he's got much less time to train. Martin doesn't like to sugarcoat and romanticise things, so I think Jaime might be left in the cold after all.

Siya wrote: "but how could she die of Jaime's "hands" now that he has only one???"
Hadn't thought about that, really. I guess we won't know who it is until it happens.

message 10: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
Wishful thinking on my part? I just love Jamie!

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments Oooh! We finally got the full prophecy!
I wonder what she's planning now...

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) Siya wrote: "I know this might sound like trolling...but how could she die of Jaime's "hands" now that he has only one??? honest question really . But it's so so obvious that Tyrion was the red herring of this plotline.....so anybody has any other names coming up??"

So, I was thinking back to the last Jaime chapter in which his aunt tells him Tyrion was Tywin's son. Although she may have been speaking metaphorically, at the time I wondered if that could mean Jaime and Cersei had a different father (unbeknownst to Tywin certainly). Stretching things? Maybe. But of course this IS George R R Martin we're talking about, so parentage can't really be taken for granted. And that would open up some other names for possible Cersei killers....

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.