Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
This topic is about A Feast for Crows
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Feast For Crows Discussions > A Feast For Crows ~ 34. JAIME V *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
A Feast For Crows ~ 34. JAIME V *Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Towards the end of the chapter Lady Genna (Jamie's aunt) talks with him. Any comments-thoughts for the last paragraph of the chapter???

message 3: by Ria (last edited Aug 01, 2016 12:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments LENA wrote: "Towards the end of the chapter Lady Genna (Jamie's aunt) talks with him. Any comments-thoughts for the last paragraph of the chapter???"
Ah, I see what you mean now. I even remembered to pay attention to the chapter without having to look through my notes :D She did mention several Lannisters he had common traits with, though. But that could be coincidence. I've always thought that out of all three of Tywin's children Tyrion is the only one who takes after him.

I really like her, though. She might not be as pretty as Cersei, but she'd make a better queen by far.

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Everyone would make a better ruler than Cercei..

I feel a bit differently. I always thought Tyrion stood out. He just never seemed like a true Lannister. Yes, he has Tywin's intelligence but other than that..

I guess we will keep that part of the book in mind. Sooner or later we will find out.

message 5: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments LENA wrote: "Everyone would make a better ruler than Cercei..

I feel a bit differently. I always thought Tyrion stood out. He just never seemed like a true Lannister. Yes, he has Tywin's intelligence but othe..."

Hahah, you're right about the first one. Well, except maybe Joffrey, but he's dead. Also, I have this on a cork board in my room:
Joffrey Baratheon traget
All I have to do now is buy some darts...

Well, two kinds of people, I guess. I generally think that the Lannisters are the most diverse family there is out there. That's not to say the Tully sisters or the Stark children are all the same, but they never seemed to hate each other so much. The Freys are probably the only other family with so much inside quarrels and pent up rage and loathing.

message 6: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
I love the aunt. She was pretty cool. As for the last paragraph, I actually screamed then read it again.

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments Well said Aunt Genna "Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you!"

message 8: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 3 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
Oh my God Ria that target is great!

message 9: by Ria (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Leslie (Basesloaded32) wrote: "Oh my God Ria that target is great!"

I know, right?! I have a bow at home (it's more of a toy, really, but hey, a bow's a bow), I should probably print out more of these and use them to train :D

message 10: by S (new) - rated it 5 stars

S (siyxx) | 100 comments I can't imagine anyone but Kathy Bates as Aunt Genna lol

And her remark at the end...was that why Tywin despised Tyrion so much (we are prone to hate people who have similar traits to us actually). They were both clever, cunning anddddddd fond of whores hah!

message 11: by LENA (new) - rated it 4 stars

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Siya wrote: "I can't imagine anyone but Kathy Bates as Aunt Genna lol

And her remark at the end...was that why Tywin despised Tyrion so much (we are prone to hate people who have similar traits to us actually)..."

Kathy Bates!!!! Lol!! You are so right! That's exactly who I had in mind.

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments So... The Blackfish has Robb's wife in the castle with him-right?
Methinks Jaime is kind of getting over Cersei.
I wonder why she thinks Jaime isn't Tywin's son...

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) Vishakha wrote: "Well said Aunt Genna "Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you!""

Reading the last paragraph of the chapter, I thought of something. What if Gemma was being literal? Could it be that someone else fathered Jaime and Cersei?

I thought the chapter was pretty boring for the most part, existing only to bring us up to speed on the status of the Riverrun siege and also giving us a brief glimpse of Lannister history via Gemma's recollections.

I can't wait for this book to either get better or to end.

message 14: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
I think someone else is there father.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.